Around the NHL #5 (The Mike Smith Tracking Thread Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I guess my point was that more teams now might have the cap to offer Hall a contract. It may have just got harder for the Coyotes to sign Hall.
I agree, Hall just got more expensive with more teams in the race to sign him.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I agree, Hall just got more expensive with more teams in the race to sign him.

We don't want to be in that arms race. Hall is impressive when compared to the other Coyotes on the ice, but not worth $10 mil per IMO. Need the money to improve other areas of the team.

Reactions: Jakey53

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
Puck/player tracking coming to the playoffs.....

Personally I don't really care that much about the stats as I feel there are always guys that by every stat should fail but overcome that by pure will and grit. I just hate to see a robotic by the numbers league which will happen over time.

Second, if they were going to tech up the puck I would rather they put sensors around the outer edges of the puck or something like that to tell when a goal is a goal even if you can't see the puck. Tell if the puck crossed the line when the goalie is hiding it. I saw this just the other day...goalie sitting inside the net but couldn't call it a goal because you couldn't see the puck.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Personally I don't really care that much about the stats as I feel there are always guys that by every stat should fail but overcome that by pure will and grit. I just hate to see a robotic by the numbers league which will happen over time.

Second, if they were going to tech up the puck I would rather they put sensors around the outer edges of the puck or something like that to tell when a goal is a goal even if you can't see the puck. Tell if the puck crossed the line when the goalie is hiding it. I saw this just the other day...goalie sitting inside the net but couldn't call it a goal because you couldn't see the puck.

I think with the puck sensors where they are at you could still tell that right? You know the distance from the sensor to the edge of the puck since it should be standard I'd hope. So if that sensor shows that it's X distance into the net and you know the distance from the sensors to the edge of the puck are Y... if X is greater than Y... goal.

No idea if that's something they would actually do or what other problems arise from doing it that way but I can see it being feasible. They'd need sensors in spots under the goal line to compare to or something I'd think... or wherever they wanna put them. But that seems easy enough to me.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
I think with the puck sensors where they are at you could still tell that right? You know the distance from the sensor to the edge of the puck since it should be standard I'd hope. So if that sensor shows that it's X distance into the net and you know the distance from the sensors to the edge of the puck are Y... if X is greater than Y... goal.

No idea if that's something they would actually do or what other problems arise from doing it that way but I can see it being feasible. They'd need sensors in spots under the goal line to compare to or something I'd think... or wherever they wanna put them. But that seems easy enough to me.

Yeah I thought about that too. I dont know if they would want it more direct for fans to view. Either way I agree on the line too. It never ceases to amaze me that the nfl still doesnt have a way to determine if a football crosses the plane. The tech is there and they have the money, just get it right already.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I don't know how we can be so low in the fight dept when I see Kessel fighting the puck all night long???

Kessel's "fights" with the puck are like when skill players try to drop the gloves. Lots of flailing and very little meaningful contact.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I don't know how we can be so low in the fight dept when I see Kessel fighting the puck all night long???

Peter Puck dropping the gloves on Kessel.

upload_2020-3-6_15-5-39.jpeg

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I think I'll watch this game tomorrow. Might find a new play by play announcer for the Coyotes.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
If you like old school brawling hockey, turn on the Boston v TBL game.

Love it thanks!!! Been watching the past 10 mins or so, enough to see the line brawl. Plus both teams are playing well. Thx for the heads up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad