Around the NHL #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
How’s Chicago record since Strome has been out of the lineup?

How’s our record since Taylor Hall joined our team? Bad argument (or at least incomplete, missing context / more info which might show causality)

I’m actually curious — haven’t seen THAT many Hawks games, Strome was / is slow, but he didn’t seem like too much of a liability defensively for the most part, also really creative in the offensive zone. Seemed like an offensive upgrade on all of our centers tbh, I think I’d prefer him over everyone besides DVo right now just because secondary scoring.

If you have a different take / additional info would love to hear more, my view is certainly incomplete

Reactions: RemoAZ

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Oh good! More lamenting of Strome. Does anyone have a verbose opinion about his off-season conditioning as a Coyote? I'd like to discuss that. :rolleyes:

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not, googled it and looks like he’s taking conditioning seriously now. Imo looking more and more likely that we gave up on him too soon, hopefully Schmaltz can take off so we both win this trade

How the Blackhawks’ unique summer training regimen has transformed Dylan Strome

Reactions: RemoAZ and Jakey53

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I believe she can be President, see Ted Cruz.
From Wikipedia:

The U.S. Constitution uses but does not define the phrase "natural born Citizen", and various opinions have been offered over time regarding its precise meaning. The consensus of early 21st-century constitutional and legal scholars, together with relevant case law, is that natural-born citizens include, subject to exceptions, those born in the United States. As to those born elsewhere who meet the legal requirements for birthright citizenship, the matter is unsettled.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
How’s Chicago record since Strome has been out of the lineup?
I think the trade was good for both teams. Both players look equal point wise, but I would rather have a C than a winger, everything being equal. Both players have their warts.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
How’s our record since Taylor Hall joined our team? Bad argument (or at least incomplete, missing context / more info which might show causality)

I’m actually curious — haven’t seen THAT many Hawks games, Strome was / is slow, but he didn’t seem like too much of a liability defensively for the most part, also really creative in the offensive zone. Seemed like an offensive upgrade on all of our centers tbh, I think I’d prefer him over everyone besides DVo right now just because secondary scoring.

If you have a different take / additional info would love to hear more, my view is certainly incomplete
I'm legitimately asking a question. My thoughts on Strome are well documented. I'm trying to get a picture n what sort of contract he will be signing in off season.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think the trade was good for both teams. Both players look equal point wise, but I would rather have a C than a winger, everything being equal. Both players have their warts.
I asked a question. I had no intent behind it.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
From Wikipedia:

The U.S. Constitution uses but does not define the phrase "natural born Citizen", and various opinions have been offered over time regarding its precise meaning. The consensus of early 21st-century constitutional and legal scholars, together with relevant case law, is that natural-born citizens include, subject to exceptions, those born in the United States. As to those born elsewhere who meet the legal requirements for birthright citizenship, the matter is unsettled.
You said cannot, there is no documentation to prove that true. Here's an article about how it hasn't been challenged but most think it is non issue.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAOegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw1DAo2Q4D4RJhb2O8Ehs2N2

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

7 wins, 9 losses.
The Hawks are already a defensive liability, as a whole. Strome does nothing to help that situation. I would have a hard time placing Strome over Richardson because if he had any real attention to D, his numbers (w/o the cat), most likely plummet.
The trade is a win win and I attribute that to Stome being a bad fit here.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I'm legitimately asking a question. My thoughts on Strome are well documented. I'm trying to get a picture n what sort of contract he will be signing in off season.

Ah ok, sorry about that. Not sure about Chicago historically w/o Strome, most recently Strome went down 1/7, chi lost the next game (NSH) but then reeled off 5 in a row including a 3 game road trip, scored at least 3 goals in each game. You can see why I reacted the way I did, the timing lines up almost too perfectly.

Also as you know I'm new here, don't have the context but it looks like Strome has been well argued in these boards... (reads some of Strome thread Confirmed with Link: - Coyotes trade Strome and Perlini for Nick Schmaltz - Part Deux) ok caught up now. After the fact but FWIW I agree with Canis, Del etc who thought we gave up on him too soon / didn't give him an opportunity etc. He certainly had potential / upside, went 3rd in a stacked draft (2015 NHL Entry Draft - Wikipedia), IIRC across the league he was rated about the same as Marner by the national media.

Anyway! Re: recent Chicago games w/o Strome, trying to piece together what happened after the fact (box scores, what I know about the team etc), as best I can tell it looks like Kubalik / Toews stayed extremely hot (Kubalik 8g 1A in 7GP, that's a bit misleading though because he's been around a point a game since mid-december), Debrincat went ice cold at ES without his normal center. Anyone else who saw the games would love your input here too (C droppings just saw your post, thx for the input / perspective)

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not, googled it and looks like he’s taking conditioning seriously now. Imo looking more and more likely that we gave up on him too soon, hopefully Schmaltz can take off so we both win this trade

How the Blackhawks’ unique summer training regimen has transformed Dylan Strome
Yes I was being sarcastic. This article was discussed here before at length. With Dawn Braid and being touted as an elite professional and with Biosteel off-season conditioning, I didn't feel that Strome's progress in CHI was based on an increase in a training regimen. Please don't feel that this is an invitation to discuss further :)

Reactions: Kaizen and Surfshop

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Yes I was being sarcastic. This article was discussed here before at length. With Dawn Braid and being touted as an elite professional and with Biosteel off-season conditioning, I didn't feel that Strome's progress in CHI was based on an increase in a training regimen. Please don't feel that this is an invitation to discuss further :)

that's another problem with being new. Not sure about personalities yet, all you guys just seem like faceless power*****es. lol

Will figure it out eventually ;)

(yes the first sentence is sarcastic. but what a username)

Reactions: Lawson of Anarchy

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
that's another problem with being new. Not sure about personalities yet, all you guys just seem like faceless power*****es. lol

Will figure it out eventually ;)

(yes the first sentence is sarcastic. but what a username)
We’ve been wound up as a board for awhile. Some of the articles that came out of Canada while we were having success rubbed many of us the wrong way. The old “we aren’t allowed to have nice things / AZ can and will never be successful” crap. Some of us also just like to tease/joke around with other posters who we actually quite like and respect. Some of my favourite threads to go back and revisit are those where rt or ducky (and their are many others) are laying into me for a stupid opinion. We banter but there is a respect. Roll with it and we all apologize in advance.

Reactions: _Del_

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Domi-Strome-Duclair...
Been giving this some thought. In a perfect world, this would (most likely) be good. It's too bad these three didn't have the commitment to see it through here.
I'm not even putting it all on them, but players need to learn to handle adversity in whatever form it may represent itself. It's not just what's between their own ears either, there is plenty of outside influence - coaches, agents, parents etc.
I see all of them as having grown and that's a good thing, for them and the league. What's nice for us is that the negative stench, or if nothing else, the perception of said stench is seemingly wearing of this organization.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
We banter but there is a respect. Roll with it and we all apologize in advance.

Yeah totally agree (maybe hard to tell on msg board but I respect this group a lot). Personally there's only one poster here I'm not entirely sure of at this point, but everyone else seems awesome -- most important thing I thought was when one of my initial threads with him started going sideways multiple ppl jumped in and were like, 'hey we're all allowed to have opinions' which really set the tone in my mind, tbh. Thanks everyone who did that, it keeps the culture positive.

But yeah there's going to be disagreements and that's fine, there's going to be some sniping and that's fine too -- we're all passionate SPORTS fans so of course some heated arguments from time to time. Esp because we have some expectations for the first time in quite a while and I'd argue this season has outsized importance going forward bc of Hall / whether he re-signs or not.

But yeah! All good here, thx for following up

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
most important thing I thought was when one of my initial threads with him started going sideways multiple ppl jumped in and were like, 'hey we're all allowed to have opinions' which really set the tone in my mind, tbh. Thanks everyone who did that, it keeps the culture positive.

You should know that if I or really anyone else around here presses you on your opinion, it's not personal. It's a discussion. I can go back and forth with hbk or rt for days and it's just for fun. Disassociate your hockey opinion from your personal pride and you'll learn a lot and have fun while doing it.

You joined at a good time. The Tippett era was the forum equivalent of the dark ages in terms of discussion. I'm glad that is over and I'm sure the mods are too.

Reactions: Surfshop

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Been giving this some thought. In a perfect world, this would (most likely) be good. It's too bad these three didn't have the commitment to see it through here.
I'm not even putting it all on them, but players need to learn to handle adversity in whatever form it may represent itself. It's not just what's between their own ears either, there is plenty of outside influence - coaches, agents, parents etc.

I honestly think it's a question of patience. I'm not necessarily comfortable lumping them all together (3 different situations imo) but I think anybody would agree that it's an org's responsibility to develop its young players and it's also the players' responsibilities to take the opportunity seriously (play hard during games / improve skills off the ice etc). So if a player is not working out, how long do you wait until you cut ties? A day is obviously too short, 10 years is obvi too long. That to me is the fundamental question / disagreement here

I see all of them as having grown and that's a good thing, for them and the league. What's nice for us is that the negative stench, or if nothing else, the perception of said stench is seemingly wearing of this organization.

YES. In hindsight, rn it looks like all three of these guys have potential to succeed at the NHL level and of course that makes the league better. Though seeing them succeed elsewhere makes it bittersweet bc the skills they're showing are the skills we arguably need as a team (which is probably why we drafted them). Eg Domi a non-rat agitator, Duclair / Strome skilled offensive players

So I guess it means our drafting / identification of prospects is good but our player development needs work. Never realized it in quite those terms before

Last edited:

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
You should know that if I or really anyone else around here presses you on your opinion, it's not personal. It's a discussion. I can go back and forth with hbk or rt for days and it's just for fun. Disassociate your hockey opinion from your personal pride and you'll learn a lot and have fun while doing it.

You joined at a good time. The Tippett era was the forum equivalent of the dark ages in terms of discussion. I'm glad that is over and I'm sure the mods are too.

Sounds good -- if we start slipping again if it's all right I'll look at / re-post this if we start getting too far away from anything I wouldn't want my nephew to read. But, FWIW I did feel it got too personal, which is why I brought it up in the way I did just now. Sounds like that wasn't your intention, maybe I misread some things, who knows who cares it was a long time ago.

Going forward I'm good if you are, let's do that hockey!

Now all we need is a campfire, I'll bring my guitar and we can roast some marshmellows. Kind of like what these all-stars will do here in a few mins...

=D

Chance's SNL Hockey skit (the first one from 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad