Around the NHL #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We talked about him recently. Still think he ends up an NHL player. Too many tools. He'll get chances to stick-- he just has to grab them.

Reactions: RemoAZ

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
Habs up 3-1 on the Knights...the Yotes dodge so many bullets. I feel they never feel a sense of urgency because they keep staying up there despite playing like poop. Bad parity is still parity I guess.

Oops 3-2, was 3-0 at one point. Jinxed it

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Habs up 3-1 on the Knights...the Yotes dodge so many bullets. I feel they never feel a sense of urgency because they keep staying up there despite playing like poop. Bad parity is still parity I guess.

Oops 3-2, was 3-0 at one point. Jinxed it

Vegas ended up with a point (SOL). Couldn’t expect the Habs to do us any real favors since they’re a mess at the moment. Even with Kovalchuk.

What’s really whack though is as bad everyone says the Pacific is, five teams sit in playoff positions.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
If Vancouver gets a point tonight we fall to WC2. The Jets have 3 games before they go to the break to pick up 3 points to catch us. The Jets play @CHI, @car, @CBJ. I think if they are all loser points the Coyotes are still in WC. If one is a regulation win and an OT/SO loss we're out of a playoff spot.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
Yeah its getting crazy. Hawks have been slowly climbing and so are the Preds now. If that division starts getting more in the mix...yikes.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
In the West I'd only label the California teams as out of the picture.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I liked him in the rookie camps I saw. Big and liked to play around the net. I thought he'd get a shot here. Not sure what happened.
Some players development time is longer than the time you have him waiver exempt. You get caught with by the time he’s ready he’s already gone through 1-2 waiver drafts where all the benefits of your development system are to the benefit of another organization.

Reactions: RemoAZ

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Feels like we haven't played in a long time and there are still games going on. Is the break usually this long? 10 days seem longer than I remember. Still another week until we play. Maybe it's just that this season the team is actually more fun to watch.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
LOVE the fact that there's no ASG thread on this site (not being sarcastic, it means we're all true hockey fans :). If anyone's watching rn (or skipping the game out of principle), Jarry has had a couple of really amazing saves after he was completely deked out of position during the breakaway event that's currently going on. Would encourage any fmr goalies to watch Jarry's performance on youtube after the fact (we'll see if he wins).

Just re-watched, they were saves 4 and 5 on Duclair / Huberdeau

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
It's not born in America, but rather born American.

To be President of the U.S. you must be a "natural born Citizen". John McCain was born in Panama, yet he was considered a natural-born citizen because mom and dad were Americans.

Even though Brett Hull was born in Canada, since he was born with U.S. citizenship he would qualify as a natural-born citizen.
First, John McCain was born on American territory in Panama and used that as a loophole. My eldest daughter was born in Mexico to American parents. She cannot become president as she was born on Mexican territory.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
First, John McCain was born on American territory in Panama and used that as a loophole. My eldest daughter was born in Mexico to American parents. She cannot become president as she was born on Mexican territory.
I believe she can be President, see Ted Cruz.

Reactions: MIG

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
LOVE the fact that there's no ASG thread on this site (not being sarcastic, it means we're all true hockey fans :). If anyone's watching rn (or skipping the game out of principle), Jarry has had a couple of really amazing saves after he was completely deked out of position during the breakaway event that's currently going on. Would encourage any fmr goalies to watch Jarry's performance on youtube after the fact (we'll see if he wins).

Just re-watched, they were saves 4 and 5 on Duclair / Huberdeau

Holy shit Duclair is an All-Star? I don't follow it at all so I didn't know that. Good for him! Man I wish we could develop offensive talent...

Reactions: _Del_ and Surfshop

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Holy **** Duclair is an All-Star? I don't follow it at all so I didn't know that. Good for him! Man I wish we could develop offensive talent...

LOL. I've been watching some Dylan Strome in Chi, he's currently IR but continuing to show good offensive awareness. Still slow but understands the game at an NHL level, 30 points in 40 games but to be fair he's spent almost all of it playing with Debrincat (they were teammates in Erie and absolutely killed it), and maybe half that time with Patrick Kane on the other wing (Kane and Toews have also been reunited at times and have been doing well when together).

I would absolutely love to have Dylan Strome as our 2C rn. Different discussion though.

Erie Otter stats 2016-2017
Erie Otters 2016-17 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

Re: Duc, to be fair I think a big part of the reason he's an all-star is that he's in Ottawa... but then Brady Tkachuk just replaced Auston Matthews on the playing roster bc apparently Matthews is injured enough to miss the ASG but not an actual game? Whatever.

Point is Duclair is having a good season, haven't seen him much (it's OTT!!!) but writers are saying he's played consistently and sharpened up his defensive game. Haven't seen enough Ottawa games to confirm or deny

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
LOL. I've been watching some Dylan Strome in Chi, he's currently IR but continuing to show good offensive awareness. Still slow but understands the game at an NHL level, 30 points in 40 games but to be fair he's spent almost all of it playing with Debrincat (they were teammates in Erie and absolutely killed it), and maybe half that time with Patrick Kane on the other wing (Kane and Toews have also been reunited at times and have been doing well when together).

I would absolutely love to have Dylan Strome as our 2C rn. Different discussion though.

Erie Otter stats 2016-2017
Erie Otters 2016-17 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

Re: Duc, to be fair I think a big part of the reason he's an all-star is that he's in Ottawa... but then Brady Tkachuk just replaced Auston Matthews on the playing roster bc apparently Matthews is injured enough to miss the ASG but not an actual game? Whatever.

Point is Duclair is having a good season, haven't seen him much (it's OTT!!!) but writers are saying he's played consistently and sharpened up his defensive game. Haven't seen enough Ottawa games to confirm or deny

I've watched a lot of Chicago games since the trade as well. Shame he's hurt but a poster on their board put up a stat. He actually has more points per 60 playing away from Kane than with him. Not like we could use a scoring center... Seems the Coyotes are always going to trade players I like. Yandle, Domi, Duclair, Strome. Crouse is going to get the ax soon I'm sure.

Reactions: _Del_
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille