Around the NHL 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Then you have Adam Fantilli another player who was also big and fast but questionable IQ and he's much better at 18 than Byfield was, perhaps cause Fantilli already has a high compete level. It'll be interesting to see how Fantilli looks at 20, if he continues to progress faster than Byfield.
Not necessarily directed at you, but how was Byfield viewed compared to Fantilli pre-draft? Byfield went #2 behind a guy that was considered to be a star (Laf) if I remember right, Fantilli 3rd behind a potential generational player and a guy that would be considered a #1 pick in most years (and he was a coin flip/ranked slightly ahead by many).

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Stars finally have recalled Stankoven. Dude's Getzlafing through the AHL but due to the Stars having a healthy lineup he did not had a spot. Their coach even said that whenever someone will be out, they'd know who to call up. They finally had an injury... so Stankoven is called up.

Just for perspective how other teams have it :)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Blues are not the best team out there but it seems that the Wings are finally heading for the playoffs. Which I somehow like and this makes me hate myself ???? Idk how this all makes me feel lol. That rivelry 15 years ago was great, IMO

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Maybe not the NHL, but the PGA. Jake Knapp leading the Mexico Open Championship while sporting a Ducks logo.

Let's Go... Jake?

Jake Knapp Ducks Logo.jpg

John

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Ah so no I won't be there lol.
I went yesterday afternoon but most of the festivities were done. Just some air hockey games for kids, jazz players in Ducks uniforms, and live cover bands, and expensive beer. Players and alumni probably came early with their families.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
When Stankoven and Zellweger were teammates last year in juniors it was unfair. Both small but just on a completely different level from everyone else on the ice

Both will be good pros

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Stankoven torched the AHL and now is 4p into his 4 NHL game career with rave reviews.

We'd never pick a player like him under Verbeek. We could've picked Brindley last year but did not, going for size and intangibles or whatever. While I like our identity we're building, I wish we'd be open minded for players of this caliber. We will and I believe we have already, in some cases, McIlrath ourselves

Last edited:
Reactions: AngelDuck

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Stankoven torched the AHL and now is 4p into his 4 NHL game career with rave reviews.

We'd never pick a player like him under Verbeek. We could've picked Brindley last year but did not, going for size and intangibles or whatever. While I like our identity we're building, I wish we'd be open minded for players of this caliber. We will and I believe we have already, in some cases, McIlrath ourselves
From what I interpret, we are trying to build the foundations of a team that is hard to play against. Size is a big factor in this and players with size and skill are only really available at the top of the draft. While we are drafting high with access to these players we will take them but as we improve and these guys are no longer in our draft range we will pivot to grabbing a Brayden Point type of player that can be insulated among our giants.

For us to have actually drafted Stankoven we would have had to use the Zellweger pick so I'm happy with what we did at this stage.

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad