Around the NHL 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Athanasiou to the Kings for one season at $1.2M... Now that's a deal I wish Poile could have gotten done.
Haula is the better all around player: athanasiou can probably create more offense but he’s really bad defensively. I wonder if Haula can replicate his performance with Vegas in their opening season if he’s out with duchene and granlund/kunin. He got 29G 26A that season

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Why not both?

Weren’t you the one who said you wanted to see opportunities given to younger guys? Filling the 2LW hole with Granlund and acquiring a center like Haula doesn’t block Tomasino’s or Tolvanen’s path but acquiring another top-9 winger might.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I know Poile would never do this, but if I'm some other teams around the league, $8.7M to Dubois or Barzal for 5 years would certainly be offer sheets I'd put on the table. They seem to be at crossroads with their negotiations now, so it's perhaps not exactly the case where they simply wouldn't look at an offer. And then compensation is only 1st+2nd+3rd.

Reactions: King Weber

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Lol, so Dubois signs for $5M AAV. Honestly, would you rather have him at $8M or Johansen/Duchene? The collusion in the NHL is a bit off, alas.

But then I like watching Columbus, so it's not the worst thing ever. Just saying, there is something a wee bit rotten in Denmark.

Reactions: Viqsi

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Weren’t you the one who said you wanted to see opportunities given to younger guys?

I should have specified, I would have preferred to write off the season and keep some spots open to give kids a chance and see what we have. However since Poile seems to be intent on trying to cling to contender status and insists on signing veterans, this was a signing I'd have liked. A speedy, offensive focused winger a year removed from 30 goals. Seems like a better fit with Duchene than anyone else we can slot in there right now, and a safe contract that we can scratch or waive without harming the bottom line if he doesn't work out.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Lol, so Dubois signs for $5M AAV. Honestly, would you rather have him at $8M or Johansen/Duchene? The collusion in the NHL is a bit off, alas.

But then I like watching Columbus, so it's not the worst thing ever. Just saying, there is something a wee bit rotten in Denmark.
To be fair, PLD's an RFA and will still be an RFA when that contract ends. That wasn't true for Joey or Duchene.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
We will be playing in the Discover Central Division this season.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Colin Wilson retired.
For some dumb reason I wanted Cody Hodgson so bad in that draft year. We all know how that turned out. And for some dumb reason (possibly correlated) I never really gave Colin Wilson a fair shake. And all along, we never knew one bit about all that he was going through. Be well and props, may you enjoy the eternal off-season, playoff Colin Wilson.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
We will be playing in the Discover Central Division this season.

The more I think about it, the more fun this division should be. My household leans Dallas, and if there are any other teams around the league I've enjoyed watching the last few years, then Columbus, Carolina, and Tampa are probably near the top of the list. So that's a lot of interesting games in our household.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I always liked Colin Wilson. He presented himself well the first time I met him. He was there as a fresh off the street rookie to talk to folks and sign autographs at a seat selection event. Seems like so long ago (it was!).

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Sounds like along with the Preds/Canes sharing Chicago this season, our other division opponents Tampa and Florida will be sharing the Syracuse Crunch. I believe we're in the friendliest division in the NHL, southern hospitality is alive and well in the Discover Central Division!

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Sounds like along with the Preds/Canes sharing Chicago this season, our other division opponents Tampa and Florida will be sharing the Syracuse Crunch. I believe we're in the friendliest division in the NHL, southern hospitality is alive and well in the Discover Central Division!
Continued crazy year! I just hope the NHL, Preds and players aren’t as confused as I am.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland

Division might be nice and friendly, but the Preds start to season is about as brutal as it gets:

Jan 14 & 16: CBJ (they been cheating and having team practices like PK/PP few weeks before camp started, probably worst starting opponent possible)
Jan 18 & 19: CAR
Jan 22 & 24: DAL

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Division might be nice and friendly, but the Preds start to season is about as brutal as it gets:

Jan 14 & 16: CBJ (they been cheating and having team practices like PK/PP few weeks before camp started, probably worst starting opponent possible)
Jan 18 & 19: CAR
Jan 22 & 24: DAL
The bolded is news to me. Source?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
The Preds posted a lot of pictures on their instagram account of the vast majority of our team skating together too. Not sure if Hynes was there but they presumably weren't just aimlessly skating even if he wasn't.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The Preds posted a lot of pictures on their instagram account of the vast majority of our team skating together too. Not sure if Hynes was there but they presumably weren't just aimlessly skating even if he wasn't.
Groups of players have been skating for many months. I wouldn't read too much into it. It makes for fun anecdotes when you come across them and my kid has had fun seeing some NHL guys sitting in the rooms with him, but at the end of the day, it's a totally different level when they "flip the switch" from their maintenance skates to their real preparation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad