Around the NHL 2019-2020 | Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Kraken was my vote my Day 1, so I'm really happy about their choice. On that note, it's also the gift that keeps on givin': The Seattle Karen(s), Can't Wait to see the Full logo :laugh::D:naughty::cool::skeptic::sarcasm::nod:

upload_2020-7-23_14-57-35.png

C

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
GM Ron Francis is pretty sharp overall & should be a good fit.

Player Development, Strength & Conditioning Coaches.
upload_2020-7-23_15-1-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-23_15-1-49.png
    upload_2020-7-23_15-1-49.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I love it. I'm getting a Kraken jersey at some point.

E: Let us see what goalie they pry away. Maybe like a Jonathan Quick or something

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I love it. I'm getting a Kraken jersey at some point.

E: Let us see what goalie they pry away. Maybe like a Jonathan Quick or something

MAF again?? Dude will be the expansion team anchor.

edit: So I guess he had to waive his NMC last time. Looks like he has a modified NTC now. Maybe not then.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
MAF again?? Dude will be the expansion team anchor.

edit: So I guess he had to waive his NMC last time. Looks like he has a modified NTC now. Maybe not then.

If it is Fleury, I will run to get that jersey. I freaking love MAF now. I hated him in Pittsburgh because he was in net when we lost in 2009. But he's a cool dude and a great goalie.

E: Can Montreal waive any movement clause related to Carey Price and leave him exposed? Get out of that 10M contract and let me have my current favorite goalie in a Kraken jersey? Or if Florida is tired of Bob. I'd rock a Bobrovsky!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If it is Fleury, I will run to get that jersey. I freaking love MAF now. I hated him in Pittsburgh because he was in net when we lost in 2009. But he's a cool dude and a great goalie.

E: Can Montreal waive any movement clause related to Carey Price and leave him exposed? Get out of that 10M contract and let me have my current favorite goalie in a Kraken jersey? Or if Florida is tired of Bob. I'd rock a Bobrovsky!

Ha, the riot that would happen if Montreal just gave away Price. His salary is no joke, but he's still their best player most nights.

Now Bob might be more likely, even if super unlikely. I wonder how many years they'll groom Knight.

Seattle will get an interesting goalie piece for sure, though. There's too many young guys sitting behind veterans right now for them not to come away with a solid vet or promising future starter.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Ha, the riot that would happen if Montreal just gave away Price. His salary is no joke, but he's still their best player most nights.

Now Bob might be more likely, even if super unlikely. I wonder how many years they'll groom Knight.

Seattle will get an interesting goalie piece for sure, though. There's too many young guys sitting behind veterans right now for them not to come away with a solid vet or promising future starter.

Seattle will find a way to trade for the rights of Yaroslav Askarov. Book it.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I feel like it's getting harder and harder to create a logo that's as everlasting as say any among the Original 6. But I kind of like that play on the letter S.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I feel like it's getting harder and harder to create a logo that's as everlasting as say any among the Original 6. But I kind of like that play on the letter S.

The S isn't bad. I don't love it. I don't hate it. Which means they did pretty good, overall. Some of the early concepts from folks around the net I actually liked better.

For example:

DxdcI_QXcAEb5it.jpg

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
The S isn't bad. I don't love it. I don't hate it. Which means they did pretty good, overall. Some of the early concepts from folks around the net I actually liked better.

For example:

DxdcI_QXcAEb5it.jpg

I feel like that looks interesting on a big scale. But even then I feel like that's a little "busy". I can tell it has a cephalopod arm that makes an S and its surrounded by anchor but it feels kind of forced together. Marketers also have to think about how much the image sticks in people's minds when it's really small. I imagine when that's really small it might look like a crown of some sort.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

For example:

DxdcI_QXcAEb5it.jpg

I agree. That's awfully busy. I also don't really like the swirly name.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

For example:

DxdcI_QXcAEb5it.jpg

You think THAT is better than the logo they went with?

like... seriously?

Reactions: TheMule93

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
The name is just so, ECHL and below level it isn't funny! The logo is really lame with just an S with an eye in it, and the jerseys are not great at all!

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
The name is just so, ECHL and below level it isn't funny! The logo is really lame with just an S with an eye in it, and the jerseys are not great at all!

It is you who is so ECHL and below!

It's an S that has a cephalopod tentacle snaking up through it. I mean, Calgary's is just a C with Flames on it. Edmonton's is literally just like a Heating and Cooling company's logo. The Islanders is literally the Gorton's fisherman. Hell, the Red Wings is a tire that has a wing. Sports logos tend to be dumb as hell if you think about them for more than two seconds.

Y'all won't bring me down. I'm hyped as f*** for the Seattle Kraken. Wings 1, Kraken 2.

Reactions: Electric Eric
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille