Around the NHL 2019-2020 | Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think they finally got the branding right on one of these expansion teams. I like it a hell of a lot better than what was done with Winnipeg and Vegas.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I think they finally got the branding right on one of these expansion teams. I like it a hell of a lot better than what was done with Winnipeg and Vegas.

Wait, do you mean the Thrashers? Because I love the current Jets unis. Hard to believe it's been almost 10 years since they've been back in the Peg.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Wait, do you mean the Thrashers? Because I love the current Jets unis. Hard to believe it's been almost 10 years since they've been back in the Peg.

Thrashers jerseys were sweet. Logo was kinda lame. Personally I think that Winnipeg logo is pretty dopey and unimaginative.

Columbus and Winnipeg are both kinda crap IMO.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Thrashers jerseys were sweet. Logo was kinda lame. Personally I think that Winnipeg logo is pretty dopey and unimaginative.

Columbus and Winnipeg are both kinda crap IMO.

Look, I don't know what I expected from someone that thinks a purple viking is cool.

Let me know when you get some real taste.

auTbi4E0sLTu53JTmGxLC-L5Tqtrcil5Ph5qCdosCnE4KKqVoMis1FkuMEfPGXTX3H4a7plNXbfs04jMepRW03MRpw6HEZ2_P6PexA2E4fD6AJk8iNiHoEXugL33sEkFKW2d2z_argl4SONX5og-pQteEyIzkz8j-JLcLZ1Oj2zKgPxW

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Thrashers jerseys were sweet. Logo was kinda lame.

How can the logo be lame and the jersey be sweet? You speaking more to, like, the color scheme or something?

Because for me it starts with the logo. If that's bad then no degree of color "accessorization" can make up for it.

Although the jersey does look pretty sweet in this image: :laugh:
maxresdefault.jpg

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
How can the logo be lame and the jersey be sweet? You speaking more to, like, the color scheme or something?

Because for me it starts with the logo. If that's bad then no degree of color "accessorization" can make up for it.

Although the jersey does look pretty sweet in this image: :laugh:
maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, exactly. The power blue and the two tone was sweet. And atlanta written on the shoulder. All of that I thought was super clean.

I liked that alternate logo much better. That bird gives me Buffaslug vibes, and I hated that thing.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
It is you who is so ECHL and below!

It's an S that has a cephalopod tentacle snaking up through it. I mean, Calgary's is just a C with Flames on it. Edmonton's is literally just like a Heating and Cooling company's logo. The Islanders is literally the Gorton's fisherman. Hell, the Red Wings is a tire that has a wing. Sports logos tend to be dumb as hell if you think about them for more than two seconds.

Y'all won't bring me down. I'm hyped as f*** for the Seattle Kraken. Wings 1, Kraken 2.

I insult a logo and name that it is atrocious and you insult me, which really shows your extreme lack of anything resembling maturity! Also, Flames, Oilers, Isles and Wings logos actually look good. But hey, if you want to be all excited for an S with a little kids name attached to it, have at it!

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Abdelkader's strong work ethic and leadership skills as well as great on ice production are all reasons I really really hope Seattle doesn't pick him!

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Absolutely. We cannot afford to lose him!

tenor.gif

Later on...

I don't care for Abby.

Yeah, the guy with the $5 million dollar contract is pulling the piano for the guy who doesn't make that in three years! Come on!

The worst thing that could happen is the guy with the $6 million dollar contract gets suspended for three games. Come on!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bench

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Right..... All of a sudden.....

giphy.gif

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ouch.

They have made a decent move up the standings the past couple of years, though. And this year they were on the right side of their goal differential for the first time in eight seasons, with some good kids and some solid vets. for comparison, compare them to the sabres. Buffalo has some nicer pieces, but arizona seems to actually be doing more with what they have.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ouch.

They have made a decent move up the standings the past couple of years, though. And this year they were on the right side of their goal differential for the first time in eight seasons, with some good kids and some solid vets. for comparison, compare them to the sabres. Buffalo has some nicer pieces, but arizona seems to actually be doing more with what they have.

I guess, just pointing out that hockey team has pretty much been a disaster since they moved out of downtown to Glendale.

Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I guess, just pointing out that hockey team has pretty much been a disaster since they moved out of downtown to Glendale.

They have been. That first owner they had was something else. Moving to Glendale was just...I don't know. It's like he was trying to destroy that team to sell/move later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma