Around the NHL 2019-2020 | Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I think the Sharks have to hope the cap moves forward by a million or two every offseason on average with this one, just thinking about their cap longer term

Our team could have signed him and basically forgot about it because we will be losing Nielsen, Abdelkader, Dekeyser, Helm, etc. by the time we have to pay guys like Mantha, AA, potentially Zadina, Cholowski, Hronek, etc. bigger money. But Sharks are in tight now and this likely means at least one if not both Joes are squeezed out.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Yzerman sleeping on the job???

Jets trade defenceman Jacob Trouba to Rangers for Pionk, 1st-round pick - Sportsnet.ca

Can't believe he could not match that.

I'm ****ing livid. All of the rest of the defensemen trades that the Wings passed on over the years, I could get behind why they didn't do them. There is no doubt in my mind that a price that would be very palatable to us could have beaten that deal. ****ing Neal Pionk and two months of Kevin Hayes? Are you serious? This is inexcusable. Absolutely inexcusable. I can see not ponying up Nyquist and Tatar for Jaybo or Smith, a retained Weiss, and Mantha for Phaneuf or any of the other deals... but you have got to be kidding me. A top pairing capable D went for essentially nothing and Detroit is nowhere to be found. This is as bad as sitting out the Nick Leddy chance. Two seconds for him. I mean, honestly, get off your lazy asses at some g-d point.

E: I suppose it depends on if the price gets leaked. If the ask for Detroit was something like 6 + Hronek, I can't kill them. But I still think it's a damn joke that Trouba went for THAT and Detroit is nowhere to be seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Zermanator

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
What a missed opportunity. Trouba will be the NYR #1 for several years for a package that we could have easily beaten and still been laughing. Can't tell me Cholowski + 2 of 35/54/60 isn't better than a 20th (where Cholowski was chosen) and Neal Pionk. Not a good start by Yzerman, he should have been all over that.

Reactions: mantha39

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
What a missed opportunity. Trouba will be the NYR #1 for several years for a package that we could have easily beaten and still been laughing. Can't tell me Cholowski + 2 of 35/54/60 isn't better than a 20th (where Cholowski was chosen) and Neal Pionk. Not a good start by Yzerman, he should have been all over that.
The one thing I will say, Winnipeg didn't give New York the opportunity to negotiate a deal with Trouba ahead of time. So I imagine that if we were told the same, Stevie Y rightfully would be very hesitant to make a move for Trouba. Losing assets for 1 season of him would be a disaster. So personally I'm totally cool with the fact we stood pat even though I was a proponent of trading for him before this news.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
The one thing I will say, Winnipeg didn't give New York the opportunity to negotiate a deal with Trouba ahead of time. So I imagine that if we were told the same, Stevie Y rightfully would be very hesitant to make a move for Trouba. Losing assets for 1 season of him would be a disaster. So personally I'm totally cool with the fact we stood pat even though I was a proponent of trading for him before this news.

trouba can't sign for 8 years until after the TDL next year and if that's what he wants (or WPG thinks that what he wants) it didn't make much sense for WPG to allow teams to talk to trouba.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Pretty bummed thats what Trouba went for. I feel like we could have beat that offer rather easily.

Edit: This is also why I don't like to "just get them for free when they become a ufa". There's already rumblings of a long term extension with the Rangers. Get they guy while you can is what I say.

Last edited:

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Pretty bummed thats what Trouba went for. I feel like we could have beat that offer rather easily.

Edit: This is also why I don't like to "just get them for free when they become a ufa". There's already rumblings of a long term extension with the Rangers. Get they guy while you can is what I say.

It's so f***ing disappointing.

The Rangers were just gifted a 25 year old #1 defenseman.

And the Blackhawks are picking 3rd in the draft.

When does the luck come our way?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It's so ****ing disappointing.

The Rangers were just gifted a 25 year old #1 defenseman.

And the Blackhawks are picking 3rd in the draft.

When does the luck come our way?

We were the best team in the entire league for pretty much a quarter century...

Luck is a part of every rebuild and cup winner, still I don't think we can play the long time suffering card as Wings fans.

Reactions: RedMenace

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
We were the best team in the entire league for pretty much a quarter century...

Luck is a part of every rebuild and cup winner, still I don't think we can play the long time suffering card as Wings fans.

Unfortunately I was not quite old enough to appreciate and relish those times. I do however agree, just have to be patient and that luck will come.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Just heard Trouba talk on NHL network he didn't say for sure he would sign an extension. Hopefully he plays the year out and hits UFA status in 2020...

Reactions: Winger98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad