Around the NHL 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I really hope Poile's taking notes from the teams that are still in it. Depth has been a big factor in these playoffs, the ability to roll 4 lines throughout the series has been very important. Also, the fact that you can never have too many defensemen in the playoffs still remains.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I really hope Poile's taking notes from the teams that are still in it. Depth has been a big factor in these playoffs, the ability to roll 4 lines throughout the series has been very important. Also, the fact that you can never have too many defensemen in the playoffs still remains.

Or in the case of Dallas, a multi-month stop to the season to end a skid in meaningful games followed by a multi-game preseason before playing another game that mattered.

Reactions: Armourboy

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GO HOME VEGAS, NOBODY LIKES YOU.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Lavy to the Caps.

I guess Hynes knows now what his next gig will be if/when he leaves Nashville.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu

giphy-42.gif

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
What in God's name is Minnesota thinking?

Also, they announced that Galchenuyk won't likely be back so that opens a door for us signing him.

Last edited:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I know he's not the sexiest name out there but he is the kind of reclamation project player I could see Poile going for. Like I said in the other thread, he's been steady throughout his career, probably won't score 30 again, though. But his problem has been that he's been bounced around last couple of years and he hasn't been able to find home.

I think he could have a chance to thrive in Nashville.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Does Galchenyuk "pine to play center"? I haven't watched him much, but I seem to recall that being a debate on him in his early days. That he wanted to be center, but teams would only use him on the wing due to defensive inadequacies? Is it possible that the key to rehabilitating him might be to reignite that passion, hence play him at center? In which case, that's clearly not going to work for us. Just speculating, though... :dunno:

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I know he's not the sexiest name out there but he is the kind of reclamation project player I could see Poile going for. Like I said in the other thread, he's been steady throughout his career, probably won't score 30 again, though. But his problem has been that he's been bounced around last couple of years and he hasn't been able to find home.

I think he could have a chance to thrive in Nashville.
And this is the thinking that has Nashville in a pickle now. Sign whomever they will light it up in Nashville. Well guess what the last time that happened was what J.P. Dumont??????

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Mike Ribeiro was as far a I can remember our last attempt at a reclamation project for a once good player and that worked out pretty well for us (off ice issues not withstanding).

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
So Tampa and Dallas it is.

Go Bolts.

I don't know how you guys feel, but for me this is one of the least appealing Stanley Cup Finals matchups in years. I can't remember one that I was less excited for. But maybe it is just me.

I really think that as long as they don't just run out of gas (have played the equivalent of 4 full extra games with all the OT's) Tampa will win this series in no more than 5 games.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
To me Tampa Bay the best team in hockey and finally seem to have figured out the right guys in the bottom six to be as good of a playoff team as they are a regular season team. Crazy that they're doing all of this without Stamkos too. That doesn't mean that I'm 100% confident Tampa wins the series but I'd have them as heavy favorites. Dallas does seemingly know how to win games win they need to despite not looking super impressive at times.

I kind of agree that I'm not super excited about the matchup, and it is probably my least favorite since Kings-Rangers. I think for me it's mainly because the underdog is a team I have no desire to cheer for and Tampa is lacking anyone I'd be excited to see win their first Cup (a la Ovi and Trotz with the Caps). Stamkos would have been up there but since he hasn't played all playoffs its not the same.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
To me Tampa Bay the best team in hockey and finally seem to have figured out the right guys in the bottom six to be as good of a playoff team as they are a regular season team. Crazy that they're doing all of this without Stamkos too. That doesn't mean that I'm 100% confident Tampa wins the series but I'd have them as heavy favorites. Dallas does seemingly know how to win games win they need to despite not looking super impressive at times.

I kind of agree that I'm not super excited about the matchup, and it is probably my least favorite since Kings-Rangers. I think for me it's mainly because the underdog is a team I have no desire to cheer for and Tampa is lacking anyone I'd be excited to see win their first Cup (a la Ovi and Trotz with the Caps). Stamkos would have been up there but since he hasn't played all playoffs its not the same.

Agree completely on the Kings/Rangers- that would be the last one I felt this way about as well...…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad