Around the NHL 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
How this effects Nashville? Their 3rd and everything after goes up 1, does not effect the 1sts or 2nds. Nashville's 1st 3rd becomes Nice! 69, and the 2nd becomes 70

Kebs

Def not just a zombie tiger typing
Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
It was 5 million or picks.

From the article:

"Rules stipulate that the NHL could impose a fine of "no less than $250,000 for each violation," but Bettman did not implement any financial punishment.
"I exercise my discretion to impose the aforementioned discipline -- which I consider to be more appropriate given the specific circumstances of this case," Bettman said in a statement."

So, yes it could of been $250k per violation and picks but the league chose not to hit them that hard with it.

Either way, they lose more picks if they re-sign Hall as well. Kind of puts them in a bind and in my opinion and should make them question if he's worth that amount to give up.

Taylor Hall traded to Arizona Coyotes for conditional first-round pick, prospects

"Here are conditions on the one pick: stands as a third; if Hall re-signs OR Coyotes win a round, becomes a second; if BOTH happen, becomes a first."

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
From the article:

"Rules stipulate that the NHL could impose a fine of "no less than $250,000 for each violation," but Bettman did not implement any financial punishment.
"I exercise my discretion to impose the aforementioned discipline -- which I consider to be more appropriate given the specific circumstances of this case," Bettman said in a statement."

So, yes it could of been $250k per violation and picks but the league chose not to hit them that hard with it.

Either way, they lose more picks if they re-sign Hall as well. Kind of puts them in a bind and in my opinion and should make them question if he's worth that amount to give up.

Taylor Hall traded to Arizona Coyotes for conditional first-round pick, prospects

"Here are conditions on the one pick: stands as a third; if Hall re-signs OR Coyotes win a round, becomes a second; if BOTH happen, becomes a first."

Which would have been a more proper hit; a hit to the front office with the picks or to ownership with the cash?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Do people think next season might start in a continuation of the Bubble approach? i.e. 4 divisional hub cities, no fans in the seats?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Do people think next season might start in a continuation of the Bubble approach? i.e. 4 divisional hub cities, no fans in the seats?

No. I dont think the economics of the NHL would support a regular season with no gate revenue. I think worst case scenario they start with 25% capacity in the arenas and hope for the best.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think if their only option is a bubble they will just delay until its feasible. If that doesn't happen by April or so then they will repeat what they just did except it will be all teams and they will do something to figure out brackets. Probably something similar to pool play.

The NHL relies too much on gate revenue to play a whole season in the bubble and I'm not sure players would agree to it anyways.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
No. I dont think the economics of the NHL would support a regular season with no gate revenue. I think worst case scenario they start with 25% capacity in the arenas and hope for the best.
That's what I would have said if somebody else had posted the question, too.

But I wonder... would they rather play an 82-game season starting in bubbles in December and gradually transitioning to fans and culminating with full arenas? Or if the alternative was just wait and start a 60-game season in January with 25% capacity and gradually ramp up... or start a 45-game season in March... etc...

The gates are going to take a hit no matter what, aren't they? At this point is there any possible way to predict full arenas any time in the next 6 months? So do they lose anything by starting sooner in empty arenas + getting gate just as soon as they can + still having all 82 games vs. just lopping off the schedule completely and waiting until they can get gates? :dunno:

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
so Friedman says that the Yotes are rebuilding.... Does Hall go to the Preds if they dump salary?

Does Hall even hit 50 points if he's here? I'm half joking, but Granlund, Turris, Duchene, Johansen, etc. has me wary about him , they should all have been 50-70+ point players here at the same time.

I'd like to see a Hall/Duchene second line, but he's yet another talented yet troubled winger looking for another team.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Johansen and Duchene already fill the quota of talented, overpaid guys that can't be assed to put up a remotely consistent effort. Let's let Hall put up hollow numbers somewhere else.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
so Friedman says that the Yotes are rebuilding.... Does Hall go to the Preds if they dump salary?
I would only take Hall if he signed here at a STUPID bargain. Like I'm talking $5M. Something that is so ridiculous as to be impossible. Otherwise he's just another example of what we already have had too much of lately. Losers.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Yeah he was looking like he would need to be a straight cap dump before his bounce back this season. I think Montreal is a good spot for him and if he continues to play well as a backup next season could be a decent deadline deal type guy as well. Can't say I'm particularly happy about this move as now the Blues open up a good amount of space to re-sign Pietrangelo especially with Tarasenko potentially being LTIR'd next season.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Montreal is not a team to invest in backups.
His contract is just for one more season so if you are a bubble team and have cap space I think you can justify how getting points from your back up could make a difference. No one is taking that Price contract off their hands without some serious retention and I don't see them doing that.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
So we have 3 game 7's coming up. We are in the middle of a pandemic and everything is being played in a bubble.

The NHL has complete control and can literally do anything they want with the schedule-

So why in the world would they put a Round 2 game 7 at 3:00 on a Friday afternoon???

MAKES NO SENSE- NHL gonna NHL.......

And Vancouver and Vegas are playing on a back to back tonight which will undoubtedly lower the quality of play. Why in the world would the not have Dallas-Colorado tonight and then a double header of Vegas-Vancouver into New York-Philly just astounds me. They also have the most exciting to watch player in the playoffs in MacKinnon being buried in this afternoon game.

Reactions: Preds Partisan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad