Around the NHL 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Would Nashville consider moving Sissons.
Sissons had been trending up up up... until this season. So it's a bit early days to think the Preds would abandon their default gameplan with him - which would be to eventually replace Bonino with him as our #3C. He hasn't had a good season by his standards and our expectations for him, but then who has on this team - he is far from alone in that respect. I think he gets a pass for this season (well, inasmuch as anybody does).

But that said, when you are talking a bottom-6 asset, and he's no longer the bargain he once was, you can always "consider moving" him. If the right offer comes along. We do have Bonino still signed for next season, and we do finally seem to have some prospects on the way. I wouldn't go out of my way to TRY to move him. But if something came along that was interesting, I would consider moving him. Just like almost anybody, really. He has no special exemption.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
How bout the LA Kings??? They have won 6 games in a row, including wins over the Pittsburgh, Toronto, Vegas, Minnesota and Colorado. And have allowed 7 total goals in those 6 games.

Also played the Avs 3 times in the past month and are 2-0-1.

Pretty crazy. If only the Preds could put together a streak like that- lol

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Or they play with only 1,000 people in the building, I guess. Probably won't be the last team facing this, the way things are going. :dunno:

You know I have no idea why I wrote the post that way. I should have said they would be playing in front of minimal crowd size. I'm blaming it on not being fully awake yet.

Screw you Daylight Savings Time!

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
You know I have no idea why I wrote the post that way. I should have said they would be playing in front of minimal crowd size. I'm blaming it on not being fully awake yet.

Screw you Daylight Savings Time!
They should just issue hazmat suits at the door or something. Well, not good expensive ones, of course. But you can get some cheap disposable lab wear. Instead of a Joe Thornton bobblehead you get a nice white plastic suit. Might cut down on crowd noise trying to shout through the mask. But it would be quite a whiteout visual in the stands. No concession sales either, of course... can't wolf down a hot dog or guzzle a $10 beer through the mask. Kind of like the Canucks green men, just everybody wears it and (mercifully) it's a lot baggier. Plus at intermissions Sharkie has a disinfectant spray cannon that he douses the crowd with.

Or hey, for the Sharks this season, why not just: :baghead:

:naughty:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
great discussion even if its in the wrong thread :naughty:

I see both sides of the argument (not the one where it shouldn’t be taken seriously) but the freaking out and shutting down economies.

Listen to your local authorities and doctors.

Also since this is around the nhl.. thought it was worth mentioning that Columbus is where we play Saturday and they recommended no fans in attendance. CBJ organization said screw it and are having fans as normal.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Sure hope the standings stay somewhat close to what they're at right now. Some really enticing first round matchups, especially Oilers-Flames and Penguins-Flyers.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN

Also since this is around the nhl.. thought it was worth mentioning that Columbus is where we play Saturday and they recommended no fans in attendance. CBJ organization said screw it and are having fans as normal.
That would be a shame if they have no fans since 102 is having a bus trip up there.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I wonder how the league would do refunds? Offer free TV packages to cover payment of tickets?

I may not be following this properly but if it is what I think it is then I don't see it going over well. The person banging the glass in the first row and going into Lexus Lounge at intermission may not feel as appeased as the person who has extreme upper deck corner seating.

If they do not allow attendance then I'm expecting a credit towards next year's tickets.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I may not be following this properly but if it is what I think it is then I don't see it going over well. The person banging the glass in the first row and going into Lexus Lounge at intermission may not feel as appeased as the person who has extreme upper deck corner seating.

If they do not allow attendance then I'm expecting a credit towards next year's tickets.

I'm thinking if games are played without fans you can offer TV packages for free and/or not be as strict with illegal streaming. May sound insane but might be cheaper than lawsuits.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I wonder how the league would do refunds? Offer free TV packages to cover payment of tickets?
STHs up here are being offered refunds and/or the option to switch games:

(It doesn't affect me directly - I can't afford season tickets. :( But I've been working from home for the last week or so, as has my recently-verified-cancer-free father.)

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
So never mind just the optics of games being played in buildings devoid of fans... if teams are also refunding tickets doesn't that impact the overall revenue of the league? At least the NHL doesn't get all its revenue just from gates. But it's still a pretty significant chunk. And that ought to throw the latest HRR projections askew. If, say, gate revenues for the last 10 games of the season are voided for most teams (let's face it, Columbus and San Jose are just the leading edge - it is going to be more/all teams soon)... and who knows about the playoffs... that is > 10% off total season gates/concessions/etc. I don't know what % those are of HRR. Half? -ish? But that would be a straight ding to the salary cap next year? So if we were previously projecting $85M, could it not drop to something like $80M just because of COVID-19?

... and then the discussion moves to the re-sign Smith/Granlund thread as well...
:eek:

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
COVID talk that doesn't directly relate to the NHL has been moved to the off-topic thread. I think it's a good enough discussion topic to have, and I'm not opposed to someone creating a thread just for it if they desire.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I mean... how much grief did we get for blocking out opposing teams fans like the craphawks...CBJ is even blocking its own fans... that is next level man...
We're getting away with it because we're being nondiscriminatory. Instead of banning an arbitrary subset of fans, we're banning all fans. It's all equitable. :nod: ;)

Plus, y'know, the governor said so.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
We're getting away with it because we're being nondiscriminatory. Instead of banning an arbitrary subset of fans, we're banning all fans. It's all equitable. :nod: ;)

Plus, y'know, the governor said so.
Governor schmovenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad