Around the NHL 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Oh come on, no need to spam this thread with Fiala clips, Nashville fans know pretty well what kind of player he is.
His skillset is amazing, everyone knew that, but his mentality / workrate or a combination of both just wouldn't totally click during his time in NSH.
Very happy for him that he found his way through!

He always did the risky, flashy plays, nothing new here. He plays with confidence now so most of them succeed but there will be other times for sure.

Btw, no chance that dribbling on Wilson was on purpose, you can clearly see his own delayed reaction.
Last year, that play would've lead to a giveaway, Wilson goal and Fiala being silent for the coming 10 game stretch. It's just a different situation now.

It was a high risk, high reward kind of trade because how it looked, Fiala was either going to get it and become a star or loses all the remaining confidence and heads to KHL in 2 years.
I'm pretty happy for Fiala, almost gave up on him too.
What a time for Swiss Hockey, having a future NHL Allstar Line with Meier-Hischier-Fiala!
And not to forget our one and only Captain Roman :)
Like I said let's see him do it long term. He basically did the same thing here for part of a season and then when it came time to back it up he just stunk it up.

I'm glad he is doing well for now, I just want to see him string a couple together before I stamp the amazing tag on him. Heck I wouldn't even consider Forsberg amazing.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
If the players other than Granlund were performing decently right now we probably wouldn't even care. Granlund finally looks great offensively and is far and away better than Fiala defensively. So the trade in a vacuum has worked out in terms of short term value but it's going to be a complete waste if the collective group has an early playoff exit. (Assuming they even make the playoffs)

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
He did look decent when he first arrived here once upon a time. I remember Boston and SJ fans telling us he was the worst in the league and being pleasantly surprised when he held his own...for a while.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He did look decent when he first arrived here once upon a time. I remember Boston and SJ fans telling us he was the worst in the league and being pleasantly surprised when he held his own...for a while.
Agreed. He was legitimately... "serviceable" that first year.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
It's still five teams within 3 points of each other for the wild card spots .... all with 13-14 games to play. Of those four other teams, we play the Wild 2x, Yotes 1x, Jets 1x in our last 14 games.

The boys need to keep fighting because they still have a decent chance at making the post season.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Reverse Forsberg for Erat. Definitely not looking forward to the next 10 years of hearing about this trade every time Fifi does something. :laugh:
i am happy for the kid though. wouldn't be so painful if it was any team other than the wild.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I don't think it's the same as reverse FF9/Erat. Most thought the trade was terrible at the time. The Fifi/Granlund one is really only going to be terrible after Granlund walks.

Of course this also assumes Fifi would even be capable of producing in Nashville. No one is producing.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Eh it doesn't bother me that much. Frankly I think without the trade and him getting sat there as well he doesn't have the season he has had. One coach benched you you can blame the coach, when another one with a new organization does the same thing it's much harder to put it on the coaches.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Eh it doesn't bother me that much. Frankly I think without the trade and him getting sat there as well he doesn't have the season he has had. One coach benched you you can blame the coach, when another one with a new organization does the same thing it's much harder to put it on the coaches.
I'm generally with you. Also playing for a team that didn't figure to even really be in the playoff picture and has a dearth of offensive talent, so there's not a ton of pressure and he's getting good usage. Good on him for "figuring it out." It will be interesting to see if he can keep at this level on a consistent basis.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Canadian dollar is crashing vs the dollar. I bet every NHL exec is crapping themselves. I would not be shocked to see a surprise reduction in the cap.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
The Athletic has an article today saying it's unlikely that the cap rises to even the low end estimate that came out last week, which was $84 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad