Around the NHL: 2019-20 Season Pt. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Looking at the Isles and having flashbacks to people saying sacking Phil after one disastrous season to hire Trotz might look bad.
Trotz was never a possibility. Working for the Pegula's is a career stopper. There's a reason the Sabres/Bills can only attract first time GM's/Coaches or those trying to resurrect careers.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Trotz was never a possibility. Working for the Pegula's is a career stopper. There's a reason the Sabres/Bills can only attract first time GM's/Coaches or those trying to resurrect careers.

Eh, I see inept hiring practices and a lack of good people in executive positions. Maybe that's the problem with them - who they hire to run this stuff.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Hooo boy

Listen, Mike, we were mean after you spurned us last time.

Come to Buffalo and piss on the leafs 6 times a year now.

No thanks.

This is straight out of a script. Quite a few of us predicted this would happen even before Toronto lost to Boston. Watch this be 2009 Pittsburgh all over again.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
No thanks.

This is straight out of a script. Quite a few of us predicted this would happen even before Toronto lost to Boston. Watch this be 2009 Pittsburgh all over again.

After Nolan, Bylsma, Housely, and now the Kruger, I'd take back everything mean i've ever said about Babcock if he'd coach here.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Hooo boy

Listen, Mike, we were mean after you spurned us last time.

Come to Buffalo and piss on the leafs 6 times a year now.

I mean Krueger really didn’t want to come back to coach, he wanted upper management.... I mean Botts fired , Krueger moved up top and Babs hired as head coach. Aren’t Krueger and Babs great buddies..... big time what Hahaha but what if ‍♂️

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
After Nolan, Bylsma, Housely, and now the Kruger, I'd take back everything mean i've ever said about Babcock if he'd coach here.

Babcock, like most coaches, are best utilized when they have a veteran squad. For a group of players that have trouble buying in consistently, the same issues in Toronto but with a more talented group of players, you're begging for problems. Not to mention, Auston and Jack are pretty good friends, I'm sure Auston wouldn't have uplifting opinions on him.

I think the end of Babcock was when you didn't have the type of guys that buy into his coaching. Guys like Kadri and Leo, two guys who are hard nosed and gritty, being gone left a crater size hole in the roster construction that didn't allow Babcock to utilize the guys well enough. The leadership of the room also went from being Babcock to being Tavares.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
He is off to Detroit next season I bet....

Meanwhile...for the Sabres, we need to bring in Mike Gillis as President of Hockey Operations. He can then build out a group that can offset Botts deficiencies....or can him.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
He is off to Detroit next season I bet....

Meanwhile...for the Sabres, we need to bring in Mike Gillis as President of Hockey Operations. He can then build out a group that can offset Botts deficiencies....or can him.
After reading the post above that would probably be the absolute worst fit for Babcock (team filled with kids).

Reactions: Onry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad