Around the NHL: 2019-20 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Anyone watching the dog and pony show?

I felt it was a little more engaging with fans this year, especially the callbacks to the past players with Hull, Tkachuk, and Al and having them participate instead of just waving to the crowd.

I enjoyed the women’s 3 on 3 game to break up the events.

overall, it wasn’t that bad compared to last year. It didn’t feel like everybody had a stick up their backsides.

Not sure I liked the shooting for the stars, but again, it had fans interaction when they were introducing them which is a step up and finally getting with the times.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I felt it was a little more engaging with fans this year, especially the callbacks to the past players with Hull, Tkachuk, and Al and having them participate instead of just waving to the crowd.

I enjoyed the women’s 3 on 3 game to break up the events.

overall, it wasn’t that bad compared to last year. It didn’t feel like everybody had a stick up their backsides.

Not sure I liked the shooting for the stars, but again, it had fans interaction when they were introducing them which is a step up and finally getting with the times.
The woman's 3 v 3 was outstanding. They needed to play more than 2 - 10 minute period.

Reactions: Chainshot

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
The woman's 3 v 3 was outstanding. They needed to play more than 2 - 10 minute period.

agree, but for the first time, I think it did a great job. Hopefully they continue to do these types of things. It’s nothing but good for the game and gaining an audience.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
There's a rumor circulating that RoR lost his love of the Shooting for the Stars game after last night's performance.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Sabretooth gave what was described as a "lazy" performance in the Mascot Game, which is to be expected since he's a cat.

Now compare that with what the Wild mascot did, and well...I think it’s okay to be lazy at this point.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Who says no? NHL executives evaluate your trade proposals

Fun article from The Athletic today. Who says no trade scenarios.

I got a laugh out of "Buffalo trades Casey Mittelstadt to San Jose for Tomas Hertl"

Guess who says no in that trade. :laugh:
Their team isn't high on Mitts. It was nice to get a prospective of an executive that reels in the expectations of people that throw shit at the wall.

My guess is the exec Gilman. He seemed to really value the Leafs prospects.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
How the hell do the Sens continue to build Lehner clones.

Hey, back in the 80s/90s/00s the Sabres were the goalie system for a lot of the NHL. Our depth in goal was unrivaled, all the way up to the Miller times. Annnnnnnnnd then Miller got traded. UPL is easily our best goalie prospect since Miller.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
The Capitals PK is everything I want ours to be; aggressive, never out of position, and mobile. Meanwhile our PK is passive, always out of position, and stationary. The Caps just kept Montreal skating on the outside and didn't give them much time to pass it. When I was watching them I thought they've gotta have one of the best PKs in the league, so I looked it up and there they were at #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad