Around the NHL - 2018 Stanley Cup Champions, the Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Kevin Phillips Hayes is going to be asking for a bigger pay day than that, one would have to imagine with N.Y taxes being higher and NYR valuing Hayes more than Miller.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Joe Smith just tweeted JT Miller signed a new deal with TBL.

5 years 5.25 million.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Kevin Phillips Hayes is going to be asking for a bigger pay day than that, one would have to imagine with N.Y taxes being higher and NYR valuing Hayes more than Miller.

He's produced less than Miller despite being an older player.

Thats probably about where I'd expect Hayes to come in, taxes and everything considered.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Are people really surprised that with the cap just having gone up a 50 pt player gets a $5m a year contract?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Time will tell. I didn't realize he was producing at a 40 point pace last season with more ice time, but what if it was an outlier rather than what is to be expected from him from here on in?

Though, it wouldn't surprise me if he's a legitimate top 6 option from here on in, because, Pittsburgh.

$3.5m is 3rd liner money.

The cap is $79.5m. Teams can spend an average of $3.6m per player on a 22 man roster, irrespective of the differences in leverage between UFA and RFA. He got an average salary to be an average player.

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
If Tavares leaves, does Trotz look foolish? Is $ (and not possible future SCs) the only thing that matters? What do you guys think?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He got his Cup, this was all about the money

But at the same time, only a 'contender' or someone who thinks they can would pay a coach that kind of money. So the prospect of winning is there.

I doubt Barry would've taken that money to coach a team like Montreal or Ottawa but I could be wrong.

Fish should make the playoffs this year if JT stays, which he will

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
That contract for miller will be a silent killer for Tampa talk about over paying a role player. It’s like they never learned from Palat. Those middle six guys are a dime a dozen.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
St. Louis and Brodeur (much as I hate the ****) are no brainers but Gary Bettman to the Hall of Fame? FFS.

Controversy aside, he's lead the league for more than 25 years.

It's more profitable that its ever been, in more markets than it's ever been, and has more mainstream awareness then ever.

When you look at the category, his resume is right up there with anyone from the last 40 years.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Controversy aside, he's lead the league for more than 25 years.

It's more profitable that its ever been, in more markets than it's ever been, and has more mainstream awareness then ever.

When you look at the category, his resume is right up there with anyone from the last 40 years.
He had the foresight to expand into Minnesota and Winnipeg. Who would have thought hockey could work there? I mean, except Bettman who oversaw teams leave those very markets. And who could forget the resounding success of Phoenix, Carolina and Miami. No one would have thought Atlanta would fail, so I give him a pass. Unless he was alive in the 80s, because then he should have seen that one coming.

In all seriousness, my biggest knock on Gary was the rapid expansion while trying to keep salaries in check. He chased the TV deal that never really met his expectations and at the same time created a huge demand for serviceable players for all the new player openings.

He increased demand for players, drove salaries up, and brought on clutch and grab hockey inadvertently. Bad recipe for the new markets: rising salaries and a boring product. And did I mention lockouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad