Around The NHL 2018-2019 Edition: Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Not that it's news any of us like, I saw a stat after the hawks game tonight. The hawks have won 44 straight games that both Toews and Kane both score a goal. Toews has come out looking real good.

Hopeful they can will there way to another first round exit.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
OTT losing Karlsson hurts, but Chabot sure makes that sting not hurt so bad. Kid is a 21 year old stud. Hopefully Cholo can get to that level. He pretty much shredded TMLs tonight and was the best player on the ice.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
OTT losing Karlsson hurts, but Chabot sure makes that sting not hurt so bad. Kid is a 21 year old stud. Hopefully Cholo can get to that level. He pretty much shredded TMLs tonight and was the best player on the ice.
Stings almost worse imo. Chabot-Karlsson would have been very nice. It's going to be a meaningless career for Chabot in Ottawa though and he'll probably just ask for a trade or get to UFA asap.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Chabot, Stone and maybe Duchene (depends on how much you like Larkin) are better than anything we have. I have been saying that all summer when people listed Ottawa. Also this is a good Anderson year as he alternates. We will see since they would be wise to trade two of these players but yeah Ottawa is better than us right now.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Chabot, Stone and maybe Duchene (depends on how much you like Larkin) are better than anything we have. I have been saying that all summer when people listed Ottawa. Also this is a good Anderson year as he alternates. We will see since they would be wise to trade two of these players but yeah Ottawa is better than us right now.

Absolutely. You mentioned earlier about Ceci stepping up as well. I really liked the edge/attitude Ottawa displayed last night. It's odd people said they and Montreal would be worse but out of the gate they both look improved IMO. Should make the Atlantic more entertaining... and difficult for the Wings.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Absolutely. You mentioned earlier about Ceci stepping up as well. I really liked the edge/attitude Ottawa displayed last night. It's odd people said they and Montreal would be worse but out of the gate they both look improved IMO. Should make the Atlantic more entertaining... and difficult for the Wings.
They are both terrible and far from improved. 1-2 games doesn't say much. Wings had a great start last season IIRC before falling down to earth.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Duchene and Stone are 100% gone by next year unless something drastically changes.

And I’m not sure they’re better than us.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I’ll tell you what, and this is definitely a case of hindsight; I wish we drafted this Pettersson kid. I doubted his talent in the 2017 draft year, but he looks like he HAS to be the front runner for the Calder.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I’ll tell you what, and this is definitely a case of hindsight; I wish we drafted this Pettersson kid. I doubted his talent in the 2017 draft year, but he looks like he HAS to be the front runner for the Calder.

I wanted to wait and see him on NA ice against NHL defenseman before I lost my mind like everyone on the prospect board.

But damn... that kid looks legit. I love how he is carrying on the torch with #40.

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I wanted to wait and see him on NA ice against NHL defenseman before I lost my mind like everyone on the prospect board.

But damn... that kid looks legit. I love how he is carrying on the torch with #40.

Obviously, there was no real chance for us to draft him either, but I really like his game.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Pretty sure we would have if we had the opportunity.

Oct 18, 2006
3 point night (2G, 1A) for Tatar. I hope he carves us. 21 mins, he’s getting big minutes, so he’s in a position to succeed.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'm very happy for Tats, I felt bad for him in Vegas - it was a momentum fueled locker room he had a hard time meshing with. The body language of his teammates in Montreal tells me they appreciate him as a dude and a player like they did in our locker room.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I'm very happy for Tats, I felt bad for him in Vegas - it was a momentum fueled locker room he had a hard time meshing with. The body language of his teammates in Montreal tells me they appreciate him as a dude and a player like they did in our locker room.

Noticed that too. Gally looked stoked for Tats. They seem to have some chemistry.

Reactions: Filppula

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Detroit plays Tampa and the Cats play the Caps before we meet. Very good chance that the Cats-Wings game is a battle of the winless teams.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Florida won tonight in a shootout. I was hoping for a showdown of the last winless teams. We can join them at the one win table tomorrow instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad