NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 VII - Final Countdown to Trade Deadline - Matt Duchene to Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
From what I saw on Twitter yes he is. What is even weirder is when he was traded from Colorado to Ottawa the first team he played.....Colorado.

That is weird for it to happen at all, but twice? By the same player?

giphy.gif

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Melnyk wanted to save on plane tickets, so they dealt Duchene to Columbus on the day they play them. For this reason, I'm calling Stone to Calgary, as Ottawa plays them next.

Nothing Winnipeg offers can beat the $900 Melnyk will save on Stone going to Calgary instead.

This guy figured it out...

Reactions: BMC

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia

and he also said he's accepted the fact that Duchene could very well just be a rental. I'd say Panarin is off the table, Jackets are going all in from outside the playoff structure 2 days before the TDL... can't say I'd be happy as a fan but I guess we'll see if they can make some noise.

Reactions: GloveSave1

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
If Stone is really a 26 year old Selke caliber / Bergy "light" type player then 2 1sts and a couple of B prospects are a fair trade-off ... IF they can land him on 6-8 years circa 7-8.5 million as part of a trade and sign...

Don't resign Chara and that covers a bit under half. Off Backes with a prospect to a cap floor team after one last kick in the can in the playoffs and in business. Would be a heck of a Top 9 for a run plus 8 deep D....

Can always get picks back if they want to trade off other assets in coming years as part of a rebuild. I know it could hurt bad but they have that 4 year window with the top 6 largely cost controlled.

Either he's that type of player and you pull the trigger or he isn't and you sit. Simple.

Reactions: CellyHard

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Zucc would be like a modern day Peverly / Kelly deal - Swiss army player and good soldier. Not sure that's enough to get out of the East but would be a material "Add" to the depth in the top 9 for sure...

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT

and he also said he's accepted the fact that Duchene could very well just be a rental. I'd say Panarin is off the table, Jackets are going all in from outside the playoff structure 2 days before the TDL... can't say I'd be happy as a fan but I guess we'll see if they can make some noise.

I mean, ya gotta figure. Why acquire a go for it player like Duchene and then trade Panarin? That would be weird.

When I saw they made this trade, my first reaction was happiness that it’s one more guy in Panarin off the board that would cost us guys we don’t want to lose.

Reactions: JOKER 192 and Emerz

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
If Stone is really a 26 year old Selke caliber / Bergy "light" type player then 2 1sts and a couple of B prospects are a fair trade-off ... IF they can land him on 6-8 years circa 7-8.5 million as part of a trade and sign...

Don't resign Chara and that covers a bit under half. Off Backes with a prospect to a cap floor team after one last kick in the can in the playoffs and in business. Would be a heck of a Top 9 for a run plus 8 deep D....

Can always get picks back if they want to trade off other assets in coming years as part of a rebuild. I know it could hurt bad but they have that 4 year window with the top 6 largely cost controlled.

Either he's that type of player and you pull the trigger or he isn't and you sit. Simple.

If the Bruins can swing that I’m totally on board. I’m just not buying when the rubber meets the road a couple firsts and some livable prospects gets it done.

They are going to have a sweepstakes for this guy. Teams that really want a Cup know that he is “the move.”

So, I’d be passing on a DeBrusk, or a McAvoy, that I believe...along with the picks...gets this done.

But hey, if DS can take all the semi name prospects (the Zborils, etc) and create a package with the picks that satisfies OTT, that would be awesome.

He wouldn’t be doing his job if he didn’t at least make a go.

I don’t worry at all about finding the money if Stone wanted term. You mentioned pieces they could subtract after the season and there are others, like Krug, for example.

But at the end of the day, I have zero doubts DS will make more moves...but I do doubt that he’s shoving all in on this season. He’s gonna add “a bit,” and give’m a shot. But he’d be crazy to go nuts. He can’t afford a rebuild and no playoffs anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad