NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 VII - Final Countdown to Trade Deadline - Matt Duchene to Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
If that’s Dorion...explain the return for Duchene.

Abramov doesn’t have any higher ceiling than Lauko.

Lauko where did lauko come into this?

That phone tossing was on 2019 1st + Cehlarik + Steen + conditional 2020 1st if Stone signs. I mean come on talk about a low ball offer for the best two-way forward in the league.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

That phone tossing was on 2019 1st + Cehlarik + Steen + conditional 2020 1st if Stone signs. I mean come on talk about a low ball offer for the best two-way forward in the league.

Columbus just got a PPG player and top line forward for a mediocre/low-ball offer.....

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

You were talking up Abramov, I made a comparison to a B’s prospect.

So Duchene (17th in p/gp) just returned something like:

2019 1st, Lauko, Steen (I think the B’s guys are better)

And the phone gets tossed for a similar offer?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Abramov ceiling is a lot higher than either Fitz or Hughes. The guy can flat out fly and has a deadly release.
For all that flying and deadly release, his AHL numbers aren't overly impressive. 26 points in 56 games.... That's a 0.46 PPG pace. This season he has 22/52 which is 0.42 PPG.

Acciari produced at roughly the same rate (0.44 PPG in the AHL)

so Senyshyn?

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
so Senyshyn?

I would think so. I mean Abramov is a twenty year old who has two 100 point years and a 90 point year under his belt down in the Q, Seems to me that there's quite a bit of more upside there, than in the 24 year-old Fitzgerald and the 22 year old Hughes, Senyshyn would be a lot more of a comparable as would a Lauko, when your talking about NHL upside.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I would think so. I mean Abramov is a twenty year old who has two 100 point years and a 90 point year under his belt down in the Q, Seems to me that there's quite a bit of more upside there, than in the 24 year-old Fitzgerald and the 22 year old Hughes, Senyshyn would be a lot more of a comparable as would a Lauko, when your talking about NHL upside.

The Q is well known for producing 100+ point guys who never do anything in the NHL. I put way more stock in AHL production.

He’s not a stiff, but I wouldn’t call Abramov an A prospect either.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The Q is well known for producing 100+ point guys who never do anything in the NHL. I put way more stock in AHL production.

He’s not a stiff, but I wouldn’t call Abramov an A prospect either.
I would say he has a lot Higher upside than a Fitzgerald or a Hughes

October 2018 – Abramov has been assigned to the AHL’s Cleveland Monsters to start the 2018-2019 season. He underwent wrist surgery in May which prevented him for participating in the Traverse City prospects tournament. Abramov will be healthy to start his AHL campaign and is going to continue dazzling hockey fans with his speed, creativity, wicked release and fearlessness to drive the net. While not yet NHL ready, do not be surprised if he is called up by the Blue Jackets later this year. With star level upside, expect Abramov to debut in the NHL as a full-time top-six winger in 2019-2020. Frank Pellegrini

July 2018 – Last season, Vitali Abramov became the highest scoring import player in QMJHL history. Abramov’s domination in the QMJHL this past year should not be understated. He had the highest points-per-game average of any skater with 1.86. Although Abramov finished second in points behind Alex Barre-Boulet, it was likely due to him playing nine games less in the QMJHL while playing for Russia in the World Juniors. With silky hands, breakaway speed and a high hockey IQ, Abramov has fantastic fantasy potential. Provided he is not slowed by his light frame, expect Abramov to continue where he left of this campaign playing for the AHL’s Cleveland Monsters. It shouldn’t be too long before he starts to see cups of coffee in the NHL. Jesse Sherman

June 2018 – Abramov has been a dominant player in the QMJHL for the past three years. He scored a total of 129 goals and 301 points in 185 games. Next up, he’ll make the jump to the AHL to start his pro career. Abramov still needs to improve his play without the puck but he has a lot of offensive talent and his upside is huge. Jokke Nevalainen

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I would say he has a lot Higher upside than a Fitzgerald or a Hughes

October 2018 – Abramov has been assigned to the AHL’s Cleveland Monsters to start the 2018-2019 season. He underwent wrist surgery in May which prevented him for participating in the Traverse City prospects tournament. Abramov will be healthy to start his AHL campaign and is going to continue dazzling hockey fans with his speed, creativity, wicked release and fearlessness to drive the net. While not yet NHL ready, do not be surprised if he is called up by the Blue Jackets later this year. With star level upside, expect Abramov to debut in the NHL as a full-time top-six winger in 2019-2020. Frank Pellegrini

July 2018 – Last season, Vitali Abramov became the highest scoring import player in QMJHL history. Abramov’s domination in the QMJHL this past year should not be understated. He had the highest points-per-game average of any skater with 1.86. Although Abramov finished second in points behind Alex Barre-Boulet, it was likely due to him playing nine games less in the QMJHL while playing for Russia in the World Juniors. With silky hands, breakaway speed and a high hockey IQ, Abramov has fantastic fantasy potential. Provided he is not slowed by his light frame, expect Abramov to continue where he left of this campaign playing for the AHL’s Cleveland Monsters. It shouldn’t be too long before he starts to see cups of coffee in the NHL. Jesse Sherman

June 2018 – Abramov has been a dominant player in the QMJHL for the past three years. He scored a total of 129 goals and 301 points in 185 games. Next up, he’ll make the jump to the AHL to start his pro career. Abramov still needs to improve his play without the puck but he has a lot of offensive talent and his upside is huge. Jokke Nevalainen

If I had a dollar for every time a guy was good in the Q, but didn’t do anything in the NHL, I would be a wealthy man.

Lots of names on this list that qualify:

QMJHL All-Time Points Leaders

Remember Yannick Riendieu?

He may have higher upsides than Hughes and Fitz, but their numbers in the AHL are better (yes they are older). He was a 3rd round pick who is putting up OK numbers in the AHL.

Again, he’s not awful, but he’s not an A prospect either.

Reactions: Krupp

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
If I had a dollar for every time a guy was good in the Q, but didn’t do anything in the NHL, I would be a wealthy man.

Lots of names on this list that qualify:

QMJHL All-Time Points Leaders

Remember Yannick Riendieu?

He may have higher upsides than Hughes and Fitz, but their numbers in the AHL are better (yes they are older). He was a 3rd round pick who is putting up OK numbers in the AHL.

Again, he’s not awful, but he’s not an A prospect either.

I really don't claim to know where Ottawa has him as a Prospect, if its an A or a B or whatever it is, but yes I agree he has an higher upside than Fitzgerald and Hughes

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Mark Stone may not be Bergeron, but he is pretty dam close and he is the best two-way winger in the NHL and there's not a chance that package of Cehlarik and Steen and a 1st with a conditional 1st if he re-signs, gets you Stone.

Possibly so, was just needling you a bit in fun ;)

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
One advantage to trading for Stone instead of hoping he reaches Free Agency is that 8th year the new team can offer, correct?

That could help ensure it is more than a rental if Stone is getting an extra pre-tax $8 million or so.

Reactions: 22Brad Park
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad