Around the NHL: 2018-19 - Trade Deadline 2/25 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'm ok with that because i would think that likely means they are not getting Stone
Yep, very ok with that. Works all around - glad we're aren't wasting assets on Hayes, not worried that he makes Winnipeg any better, glad to see Winnipeg give up assets, extra glad if they are not getting Stone.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yep, very ok with that. Works all around - glad we're aren't wasting assets on Hayes, not worried that he makes Winnipeg any better, glad to see Winnipeg give up assets, extra glad if they are not getting Stone.
I dont think he makes Winnipeg as good as Stastny did.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I freely confess to not watching Hayes play this year. But there's something crafty and subtle about how Stastny can slide in and make players around him better, and my "sense" of Hayes is that he's just not a player on that scale. He might have good numbers this year, and good for him if he can cash in on those. But I guess we'll get a chance to see him a little more closely down the stretch and see anyway.

Reactions: klabob

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I freely confess to not watching Hayes play this year. But there's something crafty and subtle about how Stastny can slide in and make players around him better, and my "sense" of Hayes is that he's just not a player on that scale. He might have good numbers this year, and good for him if he can cash in on those. But I guess we'll get a chance to see him a little more closely down the stretch and see anyway.
I dunno what it is but something tells me he is overhyped. Granted that may be because I think just about anyone that touches a NY team is overhyped.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I love watching Simmonds when we aren't playing Philly. But unless we're sending McLeod and cutting ties with Watson, I'm not ok with him on the roster.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
PK not on ice for practice ... gone by 3?
That'd be great if the return is halfway decent. But would need to turn around around and get another 3/4 dman. PK package for Huberdeau please.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
More likely sick or a maintenance morning for PK. If he is on the market it is the best kept secret in hockey.
If a key player on a 'good team' is traded, it's usually not in the media. See Weber/PK, Johansen/Jones, Horny/Neal, etc.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
It does if we flip said assets .

Yeah we're going to trade PK for a bunch of assets and then flip them for something that will put us in a much better place than if we still had PK? In 2 hours? I doubt that.

Plus they would be dumb to trade PK when they still have a week left to sell people on locking in for 3 more years of full season tickets.

Reactions: Viqsi

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
That'd be great if the return is halfway decent. But would need to turn around around and get another 3/4 dman. PK package for Huberdeau please.
Hoffman would be more likely. I haven't watch much of Subban this season, is there a reason why his production is way down?

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I've been a bit out of the loop on the TDL this season. What is general consensus on ask for Stone, if there is one? Off the cuff for a rental, I would have said 1st + blue chip prospect (e.g. Tolvanen) + throw-in picks/depth. Given depth of buyer pool, guessing it's higher here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad