NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Not a good look for Gardiner there. Great effort by Soderberg to get the goal.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Effort isn't there a lot anymore. The Jamie Benn that earned his 9.5 million cap hit isn't the one that show up on the ice a lot anymore.

He was such a good player for a couple years... i wonder what went wrong? Reminds me a bit of corey perry disappearing in anaheim

I got to admit im a fan of these guys... but those contracts... yikes

Sort of serves as a caution against these sort of contracts

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Tough night for Gardiner. The fans let him have it with the booing. He was the goat in game 7 and everybody remembers. The fans were just waiting for a reason and it started last night. This could get ugly. This fanbase has a history of pointing out a defenceman and picking on him. Either before the season or shortly into it, I said this has the potential to turn into a Larry Murphy situation in Toronto.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Tough night for Gardiner. The fans let him have it with the booing. He was the goat in game 7 and everybody remembers. The fans were just waiting for a reason and it started last night. This could get ugly. This fanbase has a history of pointing out a defenceman and picking on him. Either before the season or shortly into it, I said this has the potential to turn into a Larry Murphy situation in Toronto.

I remember that, that was bad. It was great when the went to Detroit and did went on to win 2 Cups.

On a side-note, I met Murphy at a charity tournament last year. Our team "drafted" him to play with us for 3 games. Seemed like a nice guy. I didn't ask him about the Toronto stuff.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Lucic with 3 goals recently... is this the start of his comeback ive been predicting for the last 12 months?

Honestly with guys like tom wilson and michael ferland suddenly being worth 5 mill... if lucic did suddenly become a 15 goal guy he might just get hus rep back

This is the funniest thing I have read in awhile.

Lucic scores two goals last night (one was a nice shot on an absolutely brutal giveaway by Scandella, the other was soft) and now has four goals in 55 weeks (at $6m a year)...

And you think the comeback you have been predicting (for that entire time) is finally happening?

:laugh:

Lucic is cooked. He can’t skate and is legit slower than Backes. Kassian looked like McDavid by comparison.

Curious as to how Lucic jumps from 4 goals to 15 goals in the near future. Even if he did, $6m for a 15 goal guy that can’t skate anymore is God Awful.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Chiarelli's still trying to fix what Kevin Lowe's incompetence destroyed in Edmonton

Again, garbage. Yes, Lowe was incompetent. But Chiarelli doubled down with his own incompetence. Did Lowe trade Taylor Hall or Eberle or a 1st round pick that could have been Barzal.? Did Lowe sign Lucic? He's trying to fix his own mess and it's impossible to do.

Reactions: Fenian24

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Again, garbage. Yes, Lowe was incompetent. But Chiarelli doubled down with his own incompetence. Did Lowe trade Taylor Hall or Eberle or a 1st round pick that could have been Barzal.? Did Lowe sign Lucic? He's trying to fix his own mess and it's impossible to do.

then why were the Bruins forced to remedy where Chiarelli put them being where Edmonton is now, when Chiarelli was fired?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
This is the funniest thing I have read in awhile.

Lucic scores two goals last night (one was a nice shot on an absolutely brutal giveaway by Scandella, the other was soft) and now has four goals in 55 weeks (at $6m a year)...

And you think the comeback you have been predicting (for that entire time) is finally happening?

:laugh:

Lucic is cooked. He can’t skate and is legit slower than Backes. Kassian looked like McDavid by comparison.

Curious as to how Lucic jumps from 4 goals to 15 goals in the near future. Even if he did, $6m for a 15 goal guy that can’t skate anymore is God Awful.
You know what the answer is then, right? Kassian to Boston, I won't say for who:rolleyes:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
then why were the Bruins forced to remedy where Chiarelli put them being where Edmonton is now, when Chiarelli was fired?

Chiarelli's "downfall" was a 96 pt non playoff (most points to ever miss) and 93 pt non playoff (on a tie breaker). Kind of a 1st world bottoming out.

and you can argue that Chia is the one that did the most to fuel the Sweeney's "rebuild"

It was Chiarelli's 2014 draft that gave them Pasta, Heinen, Donato and Bjork

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Chiarelli's "downfall" was a 96 pt non playoff (most points to ever miss) and 93 pt non playoff (on a tie breaker). Kind of a 1st world bottoming out.

and you can argue that Chia is the one that did the most to fuel the Sweeney's "rebuild"

It was Chiarelli's 2014 draft that gave them Pasta, Heinen, Donato and Bjork
It was also Chiarelli who told us how hard it was to make trades when they were a couple players away in 2013 from winning another cup. Even more than the Seguin fiasco that season should have done him in, his inactivity cost them another cup, they should have beaten Chicago and would have if petey had added tot he roster instead of thinkong Chris Bourque for half a season was a third line player in the NHL or that Kaspar Daugavins was all they needed at the deadline with an ancient and ill fitting Jagr.

Letting Boychuk go for picks, Thornton for nothing, Seguin for less than nothing are other reason Chia is a joke.

Considering Chiarelli's love for his "players" offer the trinity of Heinen, Donato and Bjork for McDavid and he may do it, if not I'm sure they could get Draisaitl for the same package.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Effort isn't there a lot anymore. The Jamie Benn that earned his 9.5 million cap hit isn't the one that show up on the ice a lot anymore.
I watch a lot of Dallas games. My brother is a season ticket holder. Problem with that team isn’t Benn and Seguin. It’s the other 3 lines. They’ve got worse scoring depth than we do.

Calling your 2 best players “horseshit” in the media doesn’t help either. I get the accountability thing, and have no problems with teams putting the screws to their highest paid players and asking them to earn their paychecks, but holding a press conference and doing it publicly is bush league...

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I watch a lot of Dallas games. My brother is a season ticket holder. Problem with that team isn’t Benn and Seguin. It’s the other 3 lines. They’ve got worse scoring depth than we do.

Calling your 2 best players “horse****” in the media doesn’t help either. I get the accountability thing, and have no problems with teams putting the screws to their highest paid players and asking them to earn their paychecks, but holding a press conference and doing it publicly is bush league...

It's not just this year with Benn. He's been trending like this. Seguin and Radulov are the 2 best forwards in Dallas. Depth is certainly an issue, but I wouldn't want Jamie Benn in Boston taking up 9.5 of the cap. Seguin I would take back in a heartbeat though.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I remember that, that was bad. It was great when the went to Detroit and did went on to win 2 Cups.

On a side-note, I met Murphy at a charity tournament last year. Our team "drafted" him to play with us for 3 games. Seemed like a nice guy. I didn't ask him about the Toronto stuff.

I always findf out funny that he was good enough to contribute on a great Wings team but got boo'd off a decent-but-not-great Leafs team.

Cool story. Having a plugger 2 minutes per game guy on your team would be a neat experience, nevermind a hall of famer.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I always findf out funny that he was good enough to contribute on a great Wings team but got boo'd off a decent-but-not-great Leafs team.

Cool story. Having a plugger 2 minutes per game guy on your team would be a neat experience, nevermind a hall of famer.

The only downside (for me anyways) was we had 6 D-men (including myself) for three 45-min games, Murphy made it 7 D. So just a coincidence, but I never touched the ice with him once. Still a nice experience, but it would of been cool to at least throw him a D-to-D pass.

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I thought Kassian looked 10 times better than Lucic.

Trading Heinen for Kassian would be the height of stupidity.
I didn't mention names. As I have said I dont see Heinen as a scorer but an Axelsson clone which has value. I would give up a mid prospect or pick for Kassian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad