NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Does anyone know why the Stars would have made this curious move?

Picked up the older, more expensive, slightly less productive, smaller player.

?

I don't see the angle.
Makes NO sense. I mean, Dallas must be thinking Cogliano can be a lot more offensive than he's shown this year and that his crappy numbers are from playing with Kesler (who's like Backes now), but Silf is also on that line so I don't think that's a smart bet.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Arranging deck chairs...
sdut-anaheim-ducks-re-hire-randy-carlyle-as-head-coach-2016jun14.jpg

1_4j2QmJjtEqhauiW-L7I_NQ.jpeg

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Does anyone know why the Stars would have made this curious move?

Picked up the older, more expensive, slightly less productive, smaller player.

?

I don't see the angle.

Pretty much all of Shore’s production came in a 13 game hot streak. Cogliano a significantly better skater and better defensively.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
NHL Network just did the top 10 22 year olds... Pasta 4, Point 3. Would you trade Pasta straight up for Point? I love Point... but not sure I do that move.
Its not a crazy proposal. You won't get many takers on this board, but both are special players. I can see the logic in giving the edge to Point because he plays center, but its close.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Its not a crazy proposal. You won't get many takers on this board, but both are special players. I can see the logic in giving the edge to Point because he plays center, but its close.

Sportsnet did a re-draft of the 2014 Draft and had Point #1 and Pastrnak #2, and him being a center was a factor.

Personally I wouldn't take Point over Pasta for a few reasons.

1) The body of work isn't as large. Pastrnak has almost a 100 NHL games more than Point.

2) Pastrnak is the better goal-scorer

3) Point has yet to really have to be on a Top line for a long duration.. He's basically been on a 2nd line a lot of the time behind the Stamkos-Kucherov line (at least that's my understanding). Can Point produce like he has centering a true No.1 line?

4) Pastrnak is a better player to market to fans and be the face of the Bruins moving forward. He has that charm, the charisma on and off the ice. Pasta will sell more tickets and merchandise than Point ever will.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Sportsnet did a re-draft of the 2014 Draft and had Point #1 and Pastrnak #2, and him being a center was a factor.

Personally I wouldn't take Point over Pasta for a few reasons.

1) The body of work isn't as large. Pastrnak has almost a 100 NHL games more than Point.

2) Pastrnak is the better goal-scorer

3) Point has yet to really have to be on a Top line for a long duration.. He's basically been on a 2nd line a lot of the time behind the Stamkos-Kucherov line (at least that's my understanding). Can Point produce like he has centering a true No.1 line?

4) Pastrnak is a better player to market to fans and be the face of the Bruins moving forward. He has that charm, the charisma on and off the ice. Pasta will sell more tickets and merchandise than Point ever will.

Point has been woth Kucherov and has had more goals than Pastrnak over the last two seasons.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Point has been woth Kucherov and has had more goals than Pastrnak over the last two seasons.

They are actually tied over this year and last.

He wasn't with Kucherov last year.

When the chips are down and a team needs a goal I'll take Pastrnak over Point every time. Don't get me wrong, it's awfully close, but from simply the eye test Pastrnak is the more dynamic goal scorer.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Sometimes I get frustrated with the state of the Bruins, but then I see stuff like what's happening in Edmonton, and say, Thank god we didn't keep Chiarelli even longer. Ouch what a mess. It's not perfect, but at least we aren't that.
Chiarelli's still trying to fix what Kevin Lowe's incompetence destroyed in Edmonton

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
They are actually tied over this year and last.

He wasn't with Kucherov last year.

When the chips are down and a team needs a goal I'll take Pastrnak over Point every time. Don't get me wrong, it's awfully close, but from simply the eye test Pastrnak is the more dynamic goal scorer.

Must have read the wrong column for goals. I do think Pasta is more dyanmic.

Reactions: BruinDust

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Wonder if Jamie Benn ends Up losing his C sooner rather than later. I think there is a lot of regret in Dallas over his deal.

Reactions: Estlin

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Capitals get alot of calls.StLouis all over them outshooting them 9-2 Caps up 1 on pp Ovie goal and meanwhile Blues player got hauled down plain as day nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad