NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Michael ferland is not the droid we are looking for

Sadly i see a nylander and dman for ferland and hamilton trade making alot of sense for toronto

If carolina bit on some of hamiltons contract in exchange for toronto giving up one of those recently drafted first round dmen

(Of course ferland has to resign)

But a 25 goal left shot 6'2 wing that throws 200 hits a season is what toronto needs more than they need nylander making 7 mill on their 3rd line

On the ice, maybe there is a fit.

But there is ZERO chance that Dubas deals Nylander this season. With his own public statements regarding Nylander's future in Toronto since they agreed to his new contract, Dubas would lose all credibility with his players and their agents. He's not about to do that with Marner and Matthews needing new contracts this summer.

Some might say this is a business, blah, blah. And it is. And part of managing that business is relationship building and trust. For Dubas to deal Nylander before the ink on his new deal is even dry, would make his job this summer re-signing his two key RFAs astronomically more difficult.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
On the ice, maybe there is a fit.

But there is ZERO chance that Dubas deals Nylander this season. With his own public statements regarding Nylander's future in Toronto since they agreed to his new contract, Dubas would lose all credibility with his players and their agents. He's not about to do that with Marner and Matthews needing new contracts this summer.

Some might say this is a business, blah, blah. And it is. And part of managing that business is relationship building and trust. For Dubas to deal Nylander before the ink on his new deal is even dry, would make his job this summer re-signing his two key RFAs astronomically more difficult.

Well i certainly dont want to make torontos job easier... im happy if they are stuck with that mess

Toronto media types are tossing kapanan out as the name going out... but hes not going to be signed anyhow. No money honey

If they want additions that cost going forward... someone currently under contract has to go

Marleau?

Or are they about to lose matthews? Get ready for some serious fireworks

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Well i certainly dont want to make torontos job easier... im happy if they are stuck with that mess

Toronto media types are tossing kapanan out as the name going out... but hes not going to be signed anyhow. No money honey

If they want additions that cost going forward... someone currently under contract has to go

Marleau?

Or are they about to lose matthews? Get ready for some serious fireworks

Dubas has kinda backed himself into a corner IMO. Part of his sell-job to Tavares was that adding John wasn't going to equal a core piece going out the door.

Then he made those public statements on Prime Time Sports and elsewhere after Nylander signed where he verbally told the Nylander camp he wouldn't be dealt right away if he signed.

They are going to lose some quality players the next two off-seasons. The only question is who.

Reactions: Estlin

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Dubas has kinda backed himself into a corner IMO. Part of his sell-job to Tavares was that adding John wasn't going to equal a core piece going out the door.

Then he made those public statements on Prime Time Sports and elsewhere after Nylander signed where he verbally told the Nylander camp he wouldn't be dealt right away if he signed.

They are going to lose some quality players the next two off-seasons. The only question is who.

Dubas really needs to go for it. This will probably be one of the best iterations of the Toronto team in a while, especially if he can add quality RHD for Zaitsev and Hainsey. They shouldn't be picking in the top 5 for a while and those ELCs are ending.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Sadly i see a nylander and dman for ferland and hamilton trade making alot of sense for toronto

If carolina bit on some of hamiltons contract in exchange for toronto giving up one of those recently drafted first round dmen

But a 25 goal left shot 6'2 wing that throws 200 hits a season is what toronto needs more than they need nylander making 7 mill on their 3rd line
Not sure Dougie Hamilton is what Toronto needs. He’s soft as butter, and carries a hefty cap hit

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Not sure Dougie Hamilton is what Toronto needs. He’s soft as butter, and carries a hefty cap hit

he wouldn't be what id want... agreed on that

but honestly when you throw Matthews/marner/nylander/Tavares/reilly out there you are pretty soft anyhow and having someone that wants to cherry pick and has the raw puck skills necessary to move that biscuit around might not be the worst thing ever

I think Hamilton has like double the skill of gardiner… who is soft at 3 ply toilet paper himself. hamiltons cap hit is going to be easier to handle than gardiners for a couple years I think...

not my way to build a team... but it seems to be the path Toronto is locked on

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Dubas really needs to go for it. This will probably be one of the best iterations of the Toronto team in a while, especially if he can add quality RHD for Zaitsev and Hainsey. They shouldn't be picking in the top 5 for a while and those ELCs are ending.

I think so to. This season is (or will likely be) the best marriage of cheap ELC contract players and more expensive players on their 2nd/3rd contracts. They have the cap space to add a player or two, and the draft picks to make some rental additions.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Nice to see Joakim Nordstrom and Jay Miller drop the puck before the Pride game on Sat. night.

190112_PrideWhitecaps_00281_large.JPG

Pride Edge Whitecaps, 5-4, Before Sold-Out Crowd in Boston

Reactions: Alicat and BMC

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Yes, put Dougie on the Toronto defense. Please. He is as physical-shy as Nylander:

raw

We would eat the sponge alive.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

I would really not like to have Ferland in Toronto.

On the other hand, I would LOVE to see Dougie Hamilton in Toronto. Defensively suspect and mentally weak. Do it Dubas!!!

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I think so to. This season is (or will likely be) the best marriage of cheap ELC contract players and more expensive players on their 2nd/3rd contracts. They have the cap space to add a player or two, and the draft picks to make some rental additions.

Yet another reason not to wait to let them take a viable option, or likely more, off the board.

But alas...

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
APPARENTLY, from what is being reported over on the Columbus forum, it was simple frustration eerily similar to why Tuukka bailed on Boston, although publically Sweeney gave him a LOA which lasted about 10 days to 2 weeks, whatever it was happened has since been resolved in house but here comes Washington, of all the teams to come in there next.... the question now becomes will Kekalainen deal him before he walks away totally.

Not even close to what happened. The real story can't be openly discussed on this board, but Tuukka was not frustrated with the team, he was dealing with a personal issue.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
APPARENTLY, from what is being reported over on the Columbus forum, it was simple frustration eerily similar to why Tuukka bailed on Boston, although publically Sweeney gave him a LOA which lasted about 10 days to 2 weeks, whatever it was happened has since been resolved in house but here comes Washington, of all the teams to come in there next.... the question now becomes will Kekalainen deal him before he walks away totally.

BS it was made pretty clear that this was a personal situation where the B`s asked those who feel they need to know all about the players lives off the ice to respect his privacy as he attended to whatever it was externally going on

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

I'm sorry but this is absolute garbage on the Tuukka front. Completely false.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
If you want to see/hear an absolute hoot watch his cooking show with Martha Stewart :biglaugh:
I saw them both live last year at the Mohegan Sun Wine and Food Fest. Hilarious stuff.

I need to watch the video I took again to make sure there are no curse words and I'll post em in the OT thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad