NHL Around the NHL: 2018-19 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I'm not even sure where to discuss this, but I'm so frustrated with the Borowiecki suspension...1 game for a blatant intentional elbow by a guy with a suspension history...meanwhile Pastrnak 2 games for his first offense a couple years ago for incidental contact with Dan Girardi. The NHL is such a goddamn joke.

It’s disgusting...but expected.

The NHL has a serious bias problem.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I'm not even sure where to discuss this, but I'm so frustrated with the Borowiecki suspension...1 game for a blatant intentional elbow by a guy with a suspension history...meanwhile Pastrnak 2 games for his first offense a couple years ago for incidental contact with Dan Girardi. The NHL is such a goddamn joke.

It doesn’t make any sense.

You can’t even say it was during the heat of game play. He just decided to put an elbow to the guy’s head after the play was over.

As you said, makes no sense how that gets less of a suspension than almost any other suspendable play. A dirty act after the whistle has no excuse whatsoever.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
It doesn’t make any sense.

You can’t even say it was during the heat of game play. He just decided to put an elbow to the guy’s head after the play was over.

As you said, makes no sense how that gets less of a suspension than almost any other suspendable play. A dirty act after the whistle has no excuse whatsoever.
and it was in the first few minutes of the game! It's not like it was late in a chippy game where guys were looking for their pound of flesh. There was literally no reason for him to do what he did. The play reminded me a lot of the Marchand play for elbowing Marcus Johansson in that it was a sneaky, dirty play that was totally unprovoked and unnecessary.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
It’s hard to believe anyone is faster than Nate MacKinnon (apparently, at least McDavid is).

The guy will make a nothing play an odd man rush in a half second just off of pure speed.
have been fortunate enough to watch the Avs in Denver from ice level for their home game against the Bruins for the last few years and seeing him from that perspective is astounding. Also watched them against the Pens from ice level last season and he was the best player on the ice by far, even better than Crosby and Malkin. He's an unreal talent. It's not just his speed, but his ability to make plays at that speed.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Schmidt got paid. If he plays like last season, easily worth it. If not, ouch.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
:huh:

cut.jpg

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
This is reprehensible

This is why head shots still happen. If the player's union isn't taking this seriously, then you can sure as hell bet they're not saying a word to players in their annual preseason visits. How strange this all works when you have these factions pulling in different directions.

If I'm an owner I want headshots out completely. Even if I'm the coldest, most bloodless money hungry SOB in the league I can't think of one good reason why I wouldn't want that part of the game cleaned up. Injured players cost money and more incidents raise insurance and medical costs. For those reasons alone I can't see why any owner would treat this lightly never mind losing a star player (or any player) for a good chunk or the whole season.

Then you have the player's union whose sole existence is to represent the players and they're talking out of both sides of their mouth on this issue.

Incredible

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
Then you have the player's union whose sole existence is to represent the players and they're talking out of both sides of their mouth on this issue.

They have to with the way the system is set up. Both the victim and the perpetrator belong to the NHLPA.

It's weird and awkward, but the NHLPA's hands are tied on the matter.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
They have to with the way the system is set up. Both the victim and the perpetrator belong to the NHLPA.

It's weird and awkward, but the NHLPA's hands are tied on the matter.

Oh I get that but you can’t be the perpetrator and the police at the same time. There’s a philosophy that needs to change

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
If they were going to just throw out bat shit arguments they could have at least gone the whole way and just say players keep skating head first into poor Wilson.

DqYQGggWsAABsrE.jpg

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad