NHL Around the NHL: 2018-19 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’d trade Cehlárik + 2nd for Barzal. His value at the moment. Anything more? Pass.
I like Barzal a lot but he’s a 100 foot player

Let’s see how he handles the constant attention all year

He’s perfect on Boston where he can play third line and learn the 3 zone game and eventually in 3 years take over Krejci spot

Reactions: FanSince72

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I’d trade Cehlárik + 2nd for Barzal. His value at the moment. Anything more? Pass.

Trading Barzal now would be a fireable offense for management. After last season the fans are high on him, they have little to be happy about up there in the rebuild. Barzal is the post boy for Cancucks future hope. Matt would have to hit bottom for a few more years before "bust" would even be tossed around the fanbase. He is untouchable until then, and that's assuming he is a bust after a couple of weeks into this season.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Haha, downplaying Matthew Barzal, last year's Calder winner who's on another point-a-game pace this season (7 in 7). He sure would look good in Boston as the #2 or #3 center, wouldn't he?

Reactions: Fenian24 and Bmessy

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Barzal will find it harder then last year as the guy. He has 7 points in 7 games but also minus 7, so 5 on 5 he is a wash. I would have though the new coach would bring in a more defensive style, that appears not to be the case. Looks like its all run and gun again minus Halak making them look good.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Sounds like management and the coach aren't on the same page there
From what I have seen on the ranger board, fans like to include him in trade dumps with Staal and Hayes. They really have no connection to him, just do not see him as what they need. Like when we bring in depth vet guys that spend a year here then move on. He seems to be getting ice time so the coach plays him. They may not have better options or nowhere the depth we have.

Last edited:

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I know right. I mean, he's a PPG but he can't cover in the defensive zone, why even bother?. We're much better with our young guys who are well equipped in their own end and have .11 ppg...

Reactions: Estlin

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
29572C75-E7E9-4F2B-9BBA-A2BA9CBDFF47.jpeg

Saturday night at the Garden shaping up to be a very BIG early season game

F the Habs

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

And why the leafs/Babs are trying to limit Mattews ice time. The issue with that is Matthews isn't falling for it. He's going to demand big money irregardless of the ice time and what McDavid is doing. Only thing this is doing is pissing off the younger leaf players looking to make the big $.

This has been discussed to some extent on leaf radio the last few days. Matthews averaging just under 18.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
McDavid is worth more talent wise so is Mathews but you can’t have that in a cap world. The oilers are god awful and the leafs will head that way if they can’t retain the majority of their players. Their defense alone is going to make it especially difficult to win a cup so I don’t think they want that

How you prevent players from getting that much beyond their character and ability to look at the big picture is beyond me though. We’re lucky to have 37,88, and 63 for what they signed for. Very lucky

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
And why the leafs/Babs are trying to limit Mattews ice time. The issue with that is Matthews isn't falling for it. He's going to demand big money irregardless of the ice time and what McDavid is doing. Only thing this is doing is pissing off the younger leaf players looking to make the big $.

This has been discussed to some extent on leaf radio the last few days. Matthews averaging just under 18.

Babcock just likes to roll 4 lines. It isn't about money. McDavid is playing that much because they have no depth. Losing trade after trade has left a massive gaping hole in Edmonton.

McDavid - 5-8-13
RNH - 2-7-9
Draisaittl - 4-4-8
Lucic - 1-2-3
2 at 2
3 at 1

13 players have a point for Edmonton. They have 5 goals McDavid wasn't directly involved in. People lose their shit here about depth scoring. Edmonton is significantly worse. Complete train wreck.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I know right. I mean, he's a PPG but he can't cover in the defensive zone, why even bother?. We're much better with our young guys who are well equipped in their own end and have .11 ppg...
Their own end in Providence, that's where Zach Senyshyn will spend the remainder of his career.

Reactions: Brent Hughes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad