NHL Around the NHL: 2018-19 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Wonder how much Armstrong is feeling the heat. Went huge this off season and the team is a mess.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Wonder how much Armstrong is feeling the heat. Went huge this off season and the team is a mess.

Not so sure about Doug Armstrong, but Mike Yeo should DEFINITELY be feeling the heat. I think he's the first coach to get canned this year. That team has way too much talent to be this shitty...

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Not so sure about Doug Armstrong, but Mike Yeo should DEFINITELY be feeling the heat. I think he's the first coach to get canned this year. That team has way too much talent to be this ****ty...

He filled a lot of holes, except for one of the most important in Allen. I agree about Yeo though

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Arby's lowers standards for Red Wings fans to get free curly fries

For more than 10 years, Arby's has offered free curly fries to Red Wings fans in Detroit any time a player scores a hat trick. But with only one win under their belt, the Wings aren't scoring hat tricks at all.

It hasn't been since the 2016-17 season that a Wings player has recorded a hat trick, so Arby's altered the promotion to the team collectively scoring three goals, as opposed to one player.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
The usual Selke contenders are having an awful start to say the least...

Kopitar and Couturier have 0 assists combined lol

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

For more than 10 years, Arby's has offered free curly fries to Red Wings fans in Detroit any time a player scores a hat trick. But with only one win under their belt, the Wings aren't scoring hat tricks at all.

It hasn't been since the 2016-17 season that a Wings player has recorded a hat trick, so Arby's altered the promotion to the team collectively scoring three goals, as opposed to one player.
That's pretty pathetic lol

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Saw a highlight this morning from the NJ vs NAS game where a penalty was supposed to be called on Taylor Hall for tripping Subban. Hall maintained his innocence, and when they showed the replay, Subban lost an edge and Hall never touched him.

The refs got together and appeared to use replay to look at the play and waive off the penalty. I don’t have a huge issue with it, but isn’t this going beyond the scope of what replay is supposed to be?

Has anyone seen anything like this in another game? I have not.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think if Chicago beats them this weekend, Yeo will be out.

Burke was on Primetime sports yesterday talking about coaching changes and with Vignault being the perceived best coach available by a considerable margin, that a team might make a move in order to get ahead of other teams with coaches on the hot-seat and get their guy (assuming Vignault would be their guy).

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Saw a highlight this morning from the NJ vs NAS game where a penalty was supposed to be called on Taylor Hall for tripping Subban. Hall maintained his innocence, and when they showed the replay, Subban lost an edge and Hall never touched him.

The refs got together and appeared to use replay to look at the play and waive off the penalty.

The refs got together and appeared to use replay to look at the play and waive off the penalty. I don’t have a huge issue with it, but isn’t this going beyond the scope of what replay is supposed to be?

Has anyone seen anything like this in another game? I have not.

There was one instance while back when Gudas was called for a major and one of the officials spotted replay on jumbotron and they huddled up and reversed it.The puck hit player.Walkom was the ref.Its against the rules though but somehow it went unpunished.He stated later he wanted call to be right I believe.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
RIP, but man as an exec, especially as a commissioner for a major sport, he was about as useful as a one iron in a beginner's golf bag

Was he not the guy who helped bring in Oilers Whalers Jets and Nordiques and firmly put WHA out of action far as competing with NHL?I always thought he was a crook but he was part of that i think if my memory is correct.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

Next they'll be handing out attendance trophy's

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Was he not the guy who helped bring in Oilers Whalers Jets and Nordiques and firmly put WHA out of action far as competing with NHL?I always thought he was a crook but he was part of that i think if my memory is correct.

He was definitely just a mouthpiece for ownership and back in those days, that good old boys club wouldn’t have had it any other way. So he just did what they said. So to answer your question, if he did have a part of it, he was just following orders

Last edited:
Reactions: 22Brad Park

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
That top line for Colorado (Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen) is filthy. Might be the best top line in the NHL right now.

All 3 of them are big, fast and have sick hands.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

giphy.gif

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
That top line for Colorado (Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen) is filthy. Might be the best top line in the NHL right now.

All 3 of them are big, fast and have sick hands.
Agree that they are a great line, not so sure about the best, but they are certainly in the conversation. I've been actually going out of my way to watch Colorado this season. That's not something I've normally done in the past. Really fun top line and team. That team has looked good since Duchene left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad