Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
This Brock Boeser kid is something else too. Very smart scorer. Fantastic in the two games I've watched. They've got a heck of a player there

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
If the Demers for McGinn trade is a done deal, Arizona really rebuilt their goaltending and blue line. If they add one or two quality vets up front, I think they could make some noise.

It's a salary dump... but seriously why in God's name do you make that trade?

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Yeah - he's looking great. D has been pretty abysmal for both teams so far (preseason - I guess it's to be expected) - could turn into a basketball game if periods 2 +3 continue the trend of period 1.

NOt quite basketball, but they outscored the Bills-Panthers game :laugh::laugh:

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
It's a salary dump... but seriously why in God's name do you make that trade?

It's a salary dump, absolutely, but Demers is a pretty good #4. He makes the Arizona D look a lot better overall, and he's far better than Connauton.

Demers put up more assists than McGinn had points. And FLA retained on top of it. If McGinn gets back to that mid-high 30s in points, then it doesn't look as bad, but FLA is putting the hurt on themselves. I don't see what it's about. They're not shedding much salary, and it's only a year or so less.

Some combination of:

OEL - Hjalmarsson
Goligoski - Demers
Chychrun - Schenn
Clendening

is a lot better than having Connauton on the 3rd pairing with Schenn. You have 3 pretty quality pairs there and lots of puck movement. Plus you have the extra option in Clendo.

I'd add a vet up front and call it an offseason.

Last edited:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Demers has 4 years including this season. McGinn has only 2 years including this season...

Still, stupid trade for Florida. They traded a top 4 dman for a low end 3rd liner.

I'll tell you who is really going to be pissed right now is Vegas. The Market is now over-saturated with middle and bottom pairing guys, and Vegas has like 9 of those at the moment.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Damn Cody Glass looking good so far.

I love Andersson, but I make no secret that Glass was the one I wanted.

I just think that as he matures, and gets even stronger, he's going to have a lot of tools working for him.

In fact, Vegas' first two rounds were a solid A from my perspective.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
I love Andersson, but I make no secret that Glass was the one I wanted.

I just think that as he matures, and gets even stronger, he's going to have a lot of tools working for him.

In fact, Vegas' first two rounds were a solid A from my perspective.

We couldn't have had another Glass on this team. Too much PTSD

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
We couldn't have had another Glass on this team. Too much PTSD

Haha, maybe we could've asked him to pull a Jasper Fasth/Fast and drop a letter.

Kidding aside, I just think Glass is going to be a hell of a player. He's only going to get bigger and stronger, and will easily add another 20-30 pounds, maybe even another inch or so.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Kailer Yamamoto also had 1g, 1a last night vs the Flames. We picked Chytil 1 pick before him.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Kailer Yamamoto also had 1g, 1a last night vs the Flames. We picked Chytil 1 pick before him.

Yamamoto has 1G 1A in 1GP in preseason.
Chytil has 0G 0A in 0GP in preseason.

Unbelievable. Gordie Clark failing again at the draft.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
What's worse: Thinking you need to trade for Ceci, or that Ceci is a building block for your team and don't want to trade him.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
What's worse: Thinking you need to trade for Ceci, or that Ceci is a building block for your team and don't want to trade him.

Seriously? Cody ****ing Ceci is primary piece to acquire Duchene?

I mean if that's the case couldn't we have just traded 2 D prospects that are near NHL ready? Ceci is a #5 defenseman with not much room for growth...

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Seriously? Cody ****ing Ceci is primary piece to acquire Duchene?

I mean if that's the case couldn't we have just traded 2 D prospects that are near NHL ready? Ceci is a #5 defenseman with not much room for growth...

You're right but unfortunately most executives in this gongshow league don't see it that way.

Ceci has a great reputation for some reason.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
This Brock Boeser kid is something else too. Very smart scorer. Fantastic in the two games I've watched. They've got a heck of a player there

He was a kid I REALLY liked in 2015. I remember talking to several people on here about him.

I'm also a fan of Bo Horvat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2