Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Everyone complains about how long it takes to drop the puck. The only reason it takes so long is because the linesmen are waiting for the centers to stop cheating. Enforcing this rule by the book will hopefully do that.

Like I said, I get why they want to enforce the rules. I just don't want to see it enforced so rigidly. Like if this carries over into the regular season...I'd rather see it take longer for the puck to drop. I'm sure the guys will adjust though.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
If the NHL would have cracked down on the violations even slightly over the years instead of just letting them get progressively worse and worse, it would not seem so dramatic. Same with pretty much every other penalty, once they let them go eventually they want to rebound back to stupid strict instead of just being kind of strict the whole time.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Can’t wait to see some team score a playoff overtime goal because of a faceoff violation

whistles will be put away once the regular season starts. its the same thing every year, they call the new 'it' rule every 12 seconds in preseason and then put the whistle away and then throw out stats about how slashing/interference/faceoff violations are down when nothing has changed but the number of calls

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
whistles will be put away once the regular season starts. its the same thing every year, they call the new 'it' rule every 12 seconds in preseason and then put the whistle away and then throw out stats about how slashing/interference/faceoff violations are down when nothing has changed but the number of calls

I don't think we've seen this kind of zero tolerance in the preseason since the obstruction crackdown.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Oilers looks stronger indeed - I`m watching them against the Nucks at the moment. :)

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Kailer might make the Oilers. At a 146 LBS they should keep him off, but that skill and speed is ridic.

USA hockey was always snubbed Junior kids but if they want to win, they will take Kailer.

I was shocked Kailer didn't go at 14 to Tampa, they took a need pick in Foote. Kailer's going to play in the NHL and be a skilled top 6 winger.

With the way the game is now, it's tailored for a player like Kailer.

There are very few RH shots with his skill level and speed. Very few.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Also came here to post this:

Carey Price will need to have a true MVP caliber season for the Habs to make the playoffs.

The Isles will threaten for a spot this year, they look really good defensively.

OTT could take a step back, and I expect both WSH and CLB to slow up a bit. Although I think CLB will make the playoffs.

I see the Rangers as the 2-3 seed in the Metro.

PIT
NYR
CLB
NYI
WSH

TOR
TB
BOS

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Dear Jim Benning pls. retire and lock your office - close the next chapter, and move on pls.
Huggles, Ori.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah, that`s part of the problem - nothing much has happened except uncertain transfer policies and unclear directions within the org. :shakehead

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Andrei Loktionov got released from his PTO today.

I only bring it up because I forgot that he was a thing for awhile. I didn't even know he signed for Kings camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad