Around the NHL 2015-16: Part VII - Campy McCamp Face Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Will be interesting to see $$$ he commands. If I'm the Isles and it's in the same ballpark as Okposo I'd be inclined to resign Kyle.

If they plan on losing Martin as well as KO, Ladd is a nice go-between at the right price.

They've also basically said as close to "we are letting Okposo walk" as is possible without saying it directly.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I wanna punch a wall everytime someone posts a HERO chart.
Some smarta$$ replying with a random HERO chart in 3, 2, 1.....
I feel my spidey sense tingling

R5wVCKY.png

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Here is Isles depth chart

Ladd-Tavares-Bailey
Lee-Nelson-Prince
Kulemin-Strome-Quine
Chimera-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

I have to think ours is better.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Here is Isles depth chart

Ladd-Tavares-Bailey
Lee-Nelson-Prince
Kulemin-Strome-Quine
Chimera-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

I have to think ours is better.

I think the only teams better than us in the East next year are Pitts, Washington, Florida, Tampa, Rangers for sure. Debatable are Philly, Boston, NYI. I think we battle for 7th-9th.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I think the only teams better than us in the East next year are Pitts, Washington, Florida, Tampa, Rangers for sure. Debatable are Philly, Boston, NYI. I think we battle for 7th-9th.

I hate wagering things like that this early. We are one ror or eichel injury away from a lottery pick still.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Isle fans think they can buy out Ladds contract if he falls off a cliff after 3 or 4 years .... :shakehead

ende

Dec 12, 2005
What confuses me is why some people seem to be flat out opposed to offer sheets. If the offer gets matched by the player's current team, so what? It's not like you've lost anything in trying. I don't understand the logic that we just shouldn't even attempt the offer sheet route. I get not relying on the plan, but I think it should still be explored and tried.

And don't give me the "it strains the relationship with the opposing GM" argument, I don't buy that for a second.

Because it is a devastatingly costly option in the vast majority of situations.

It's like someone saying "Hey, nuclear bombs make really big explosions, why don't countries use them more often in war?!?!" Well, there are very good reasons why they don't.

GMs are also much more conservative and realistic than trade-junky fans who require the constant fumes of Big Trade or Big Signing rumors to attain any fulfillment in life.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Disagree with the rags being better. Think they've gotten worse and they are dependant on goaltending. I can easily see them falling next season. Also think we are better on paper than the ruins. Isles on paper is close but they have Tavares who is one of the very best players in the league and very capable of carrying them (just ask the Panthers).

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Cant imagine it's Fowler unless they think he can play the right side. Edmonton doesn't need LD.

Ducks need cap space tho, Fowler for Nurse & someone gives them another ?millions in space. Nurse & Maroon? Is Fowler worth Nurse & Draisaitl? Ducks can't afford RNH/Eberle salary in a trade return.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I personally feel we became a legit playoff contender this week, for the fact that we got better (a top line forward, a top tier prospect in the system, and a legit, young, top4 defenseman to pair with Ristolainen).

But also, I feel like teams in our division (except Tampa, which only treated water though, and figured they'd be better than us).

Toronto: lost out on Stamkos, signed Matt Martin. Gained Matthews but we all knew that was coming and he alone can't save that ship.

Boston: their defense is still kind of a mess even with Krug coming back. Backes may help them this year, but that's a bad looking contract going into the future.

Montreal: Weber for Subban? Radulov? Price is their only hope.

Ottawa: no major upgrades and they'll have a tough time bringing Hoffman back.

Detroit: Nielsen is nice, but he's older and he's overpaid. Vanek is this year's Brad Rochards for them... Underperforming old guy who you still wish could play.

Florida: Riemer for 5yrs. doesn't really do much except maybe get in Luongo's head. They're still a good team, a lot of nice pieces, but I think we also one the Kulikov/Pysyk deal. Yandle will help their transition, but that's about it.

Overall I think our 12 forward are up there with just about any 12 forwards in the division except maybe Tampa Bay.
Our defense isn't amazing, but it could be sufficient if It stays healthy.
Goaltending is a work in progress but if Lehndrr stays healthy there's no reason he shouldn't be a top-15 goalie in this league.

All in all I think playoffs are definitely a good possibility.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I hate wagering things like that this early. We are one ror or eichel injury away from a lottery pick still.

Not really. They can manage with an injury as they showed last year when ROR went down.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Injury in net is what kills us and we can't afford a bad backup and that's where we're going right now.
Sign Enroth and be done with it. I dont get why Murray cant get over his height. He is a decent backup that loves it here. I would lock him up for a few years. Dont have to worry about backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad