Status
Not open for further replies.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie · 4 min
TB puts Richard Panik on waivers.

eg. the guy who was supposed to outscore nyquist last season.

Wow. IIRC, he was a big part of their Calder Cup win, but then went on to be pretty disappointing this past season in the NHL.

He should get claimed. He'd be a great reclamation project for a non-playoff team.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Wow. IIRC, he was a big part of their Calder Cup win, but then went on to be pretty disappointing this past season in the NHL.

He should get claimed. He'd be a great reclamation project for a non-playoff team.

he was disappointing on their calder win but was a beast the playoffs we won in 13.

i think someone claims him. but weirder things have happened.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I'd think a team like Arizona or Carolina could benefit from adding him to their org, but better guys have passed through waivers in the recent past.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Mike Heika @MikeHeika
Lindy Ruff confirms Erik Cole is a healthy scratch tonight after being late for practice Monday. Patrick Eaves will take spot on 2nd line.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Mike Heika @MikeHeika
Lindy Ruff confirms Erik Cole is a healthy scratch tonight after being late for practice Monday. Patrick Eaves will take spot on 2nd line.

Wow.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Mike Heika @MikeHeika

Wow. I hope Eaves does well.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Chris Pronger as D.O.P.S?? Really? Wake Up NHL!

To steal a line from JR.:laugh:

So as we all know the cat is out of the bag and the NHL is trying to make arrangements that would have Chris Pronger named director of player safety. All media outlets are reporting there is a red tape problems, because Pronger is still technically under a players contact (on LTIR). But they are trying to work a solution that would have Pronger named to the position.

Wait a minute what? I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
Is it April already? Will Claude Lemieux and Dale Hunter be named his assistants? How can the league name arguably the dirtiest player of all time the disciplinarian? This is one of the most suspended players of all times (8 Times), not including all the fines. This is a guy who never admitted responsibility and always thought his suspensions were unwarranted. He clearly has no understanding of dirty plays, especially headshots... one of his specialties. So what is the NHL thinking making him the face of discipline?

I understand the past two DOPS were tough guys (Campbell and Shanny), but they were far from being called 'cheap' or 'dirty'. So Pronger suffers a couple head injuries and now he is a martyr for the cause? Not in my books...

I don't understand why the league doesn't target good hardworking straight edge player in this role. Is there a pre requisite that you have to have a 150+PIM season to step in the role? Why not a Mike Modano type?

I also found Pronger to be a smug idiot. He Never came off as an intelligent man.
And on top of it all, he always hated Detroit, so there is a chance he harbors ill will towards the Wings. Edmonton would probably have the same gripe when he rules against Edmonton players.

End rant/:rant:

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Next in line, Matt Cooke.

/continue rant...

I also have a beef with the media... they are all talking about the red tape and the players association and the intricate legal ways to get him out of the Philly contract and into NHL management.

No opinion pieces on how Pronger is and always was a dirty POS and how ironic this lousy appointment really is.

Brandel*

Matt Sitkoff ‏@msitkoffNHL 4m4 minutes ago
Well this game will not be on Luke Schenn highlight reel as he is now a -5 tonight and a -6 for the season #NJDvsPHI

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Crazy stuff going on for goaltenders tonight. Gibson got smoked, Varlamov is being hung out to dry, and Smith is being the overrated grunt that he is.

Varlamov is actually playing quite well is the crazy part, he has a couple ten bell saves since the game went 5-0.

Always odd when Roy hangs him out there way to long given his meltdown in Montreal. Varlamov has nobody playing in front of him and should have been mercifully lifted.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Varlamov is actually playing quite well is the crazy part, he has a couple ten bell saves since the game went 5-0.

Always odd when Roy hangs him out there way to long given his meltdown in Montreal. Varlamov has nobody playing in front of him and should have been mercifully lifted.

Yup. He's being hung out to dry. I've lost track of how many point-blank shots he's stopped. Its ugly out there. And Nate the Great isn't even bothering to use his superpowers to help out his team. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad