Around the NHL 2014-15, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandel*

Niskanen just elbowed Skinner in the head and Skinner did not look good. Tried to pick up his stick off the ice and kept missing it then fell over. Needed help off the ice. Definitely hope he is alright, he has a concussion history.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Niskanen just elbowed Skinner in the head and Skinner did not look good. Tried to pick up his stick off the ice and kept missing it then fell over. Needed help off the ice. Definitely hope he is alright, he has a concussion history.

Canes weren't exactly good coming in, losing Staal and Skinner(possibly) just might put them into Buffalo territory.

Washington overpaid a lot to improve their defense, but you can't argue that they did just that - improve. Also promoting Kuznetsov and Burakovsky up front to an offense that was pretty good to begin with. They'll be a steady team under Trotz imo.

Brandel*

Can't tell if it's an elbow or what but skinner isnt returning

Brandel*

Andy Greene just said how much he loves playing in Detroit, since he's from Michigan.
"Always great to play in your hometown"

Greene to detroit e5

Last edited by a moderator:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Can't tell if it's an elbow or what but skinner isnt returning

I don't think it's an elbow. It looked like he either caught his jaw with part of his forearm, or his head higher up by the number on the arm. It really doesn't look like that bad of a hit, though. That's the scary part, how tame the hit looks and that it may have knocked Skinner out for awhile.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think Skinner is the new Gagne, unfortunate situation for a very promising talent. I just don't see him having the career we hoped for when he exploded on the scene.

Brandel*

Chuck Gormley ‏@ChuckGormleyCSN 15m15 minutes ago
Exclusive: Matt Niskanen on his hit on Jeff Skinner: 'He spun around right into my elbow. I could feel his face hit me in the elbow.' #Canes

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Barclay Goodrow has made the Sharks. I wanted Det to draft him in 2011, he went undrafted. He attended Detroit's camp and was offered a minor league deal which he turned down to play his overage year where he lead North Bay to the ohl final signing with the Sharks along the way. Nice to see hard work pay off, wish we had made a better offer...but the kid came a long way after that. Wonder if it's a coincidence that his development really took off after DRW camp.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Barclay Goodrow has made the Sharks. I wanted Det to draft him in 2011, he went undrafted. He attended Detroit's camp and was offered a minor league deal which he turned down to play his overage year where he lead North Bay to the ohl final signing with the Sharks along the way. Nice to see hard work pay off, wish we had made a better offer...but the kid came a long way after that. Wonder if it's a coincidence that his development really took off after DRW camp.

His skating must have improved a decent amount from when they had him in that camp. I thought the minor league deal was fair given some of the issues in his game. Good though to see his hard work pay off, happy for the kid.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Sounds like the Wings did all they kid in terms of recruiting.

@georgemalik
How badly did the Wings want to sign Goodrow? Bad enough that Holland kept talking with Goodrow from the coaches' room to locker room.

@georgemalik
Holland was trying to convince Goodrow that going to the AHL would be best. Goodrow declined, had a great OHL year, signed with SJ.

@georgemalik
So the Wings did not "lose" Goodrow for a lack of trying. It was impressive to see Holland's resolve in public for once.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 13 t13 tuntia sitten
Rangers name McDonagh captain.

Roman Jedlicka ‏@jedli 6 t6 tuntia sitten
Jagr on his facebook: today it is exactly 24 yrs ago when i scored my 1st NHL goal. That time i had long hair, i was quick and Ds were (1)

Roman Jedlicka ‏@jedli 6 t6 tuntia sitten
slow. And now? I have short hair, i am slow and Ds are quick. You cant stop the time. (end)

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Really? I have to assume Johansen caved.

I could be wrong but the last year is $6 million which from what I understand makes his qualifying offer more than that when he's looking for a new contract in 3 years

sounds like Columbus threw him a bone in the future to bring him into line in the present

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 2 min2 minuuttia sitten
Devils have signed Jordin Tootoo to a one-year, one-way deal. Peter Harrold has been assigned to Albany (AHL)>

devils fan here, didnt see enough of tootoo in the preseason to pass true judgement. since wings fans had the last look at him, can he be a decent fourth line player? not always exasperating to see a guy who had been in the AHL be signed for the big squad, but just wanted some insight.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
devils fan here, didnt see enough of tootoo in the preseason to pass true judgement. since wings fans had the last look at him, can he be a decent fourth line player? not always exasperating to see a guy who had been in the AHL be signed for the big squad, but just wanted some insight.

he's at least as good as gionta and bernier or should be.. though that won't say much.

he could be ok 4th liner. either he regressed or the message wasn't going through with him. or more likely, both. he scored at solid pace in nashville but couldn't do anything with the puck here. was too slow on the forecheck to cause turnovers. last season was just brutal for him, he couldn't hack it even in AHL though he probably didn't care to play there.

just hope deboer doesn't fall in love with him and play him higher on the depth chart. i think he could fit well on devils grinding game.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
he's at least as good as gionta and bernier or should be.. though that won't say much.

he could be ok 4th liner. either he regressed or the message wasn't going through with him. or more likely, both. he scored at solid pace in nashville but couldn't do anything with the puck here. was too slow on the forecheck to cause turnovers. last season was just brutal for him, he couldn't hack it even in AHL though he probably didn't care to play there.

just hope deboer doesn't fall in love with him and play him higher on the depth chart. i think he could fit well on devils grinding game.

that was what stood out the most for me. He didn't look anything like the guy from Nashville who got on top of the D and took the body all the time. Maybe it was our system, but the guy just didn't move like he used to or needed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad