Around the NHL 2013-2014 Part IV: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
You're not going to put a damper on my schadenfreude. And yes, I did have to google how to spell that.

Other fanbases have been waiting for the Wings to fall forever, so I'm not going to get too excited about their rise.

:laugh: They can keep waiting, along with the occasional maybe we should tank crowd that shows up within the Wings fan-base.

It doesn't look anymore likely to happen today than it has in years past. These kids are good and Mrazek looks elite in terms of goalie play. I don't think that cliff is coming, the D-man need to continue developing but I think we saw a glimpse of just how good this group is; those kids pushed us into the playoffs last year. Assuming Kronwall holds up for a couple more seasons there isn't much that makes me believe they are in much danger of falling off the cliff so many love to predict.

Mad Cow

Jan 4, 2012
Ontario
Hey guys, I posted this question on the main board but I didn't seem to get a response. Not sure where else to ask this here, and I don't think it needs its own thread.

If I bought center ice, how many red wings games would I miss out on being located in Guelph, Ontario? We don't have the best internet (25 download) so streaming isn't very good quality, and we aren't subscribed to the sportsnet channels, but if I'm going to miss wings games regularly (besides the games against sens/leafs) I will not spend the money on center ice.

Is it worth it? I watch a lot of hockey through the season as well, but as a wings fan I am most interested in seeing them play.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Hey guys, I posted this question on the main board but I didn't seem to get a response. Not sure where else to ask this here, and I don't think it needs its own thread.

If I bought center ice, how many red wings games would I miss out on being located in Guelph, Ontario? We don't have the best internet (25 download) so streaming isn't very good quality, and we aren't subscribed to the sportsnet channels, but if I'm going to miss wings games regularly (besides the games against sens/leafs) I will not spend the money on center ice.

Is it worth it? I watch a lot of hockey through the season as well, but as a wings fan I am most interested in seeing them play.

Any game on NBC Sports Network will be blacked out. So no playoff hockey streaming. It's awful. I had it for one year. Never again.

Mad Cow

Jan 4, 2012
Ontario
Any game on NBC Sports Network will be blacked out. So no playoff hockey streaming. It's awful. I had it for one year. Never again.

Would it be like this for Canada though? With the new Sportsnet deal, I went through the broadcast schedule and quite a few wings games are on SN1, SN360, and SNEast. Just wondering if those games will be blacked out on center ice, as that will cause me to miss a minimum of like 15-20 games.

The playoffs I am not too worried about, one reason is I am a student so I`ll likely be gone home mid April, and two playoff games are easy to come by on regular cable channels, assuming Sportsnet isn`t the provider.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada

I have it and live nearby and dont miss many at all. But arent sure how it will work with rogers buying all NHL and not having sportsnets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad