Around the NHL 2013-2014 Part IV: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 35 s
Bruins have made just 2 offers to Torey Krug: a perfunctory qualifying offer & same 1-yr, $1.25M that Bartkowski signed for. Not good enough

try harder chia.

Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey 9 s
Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin will be held out of start of training camp. Precautionary. Both suffered injuries preparing for camp. #Pens

Last edited:

jerrymac

Oct 24, 2011
GB
All tweets from Juha Hiitelä @jhiitela from Teemu's new book. I was never a big fan of his but still shocking that he'd say all this...

â€Season started well, but after that my time on ice declined, just like previous year. He didn’t keep any of his promises."

â€He even said he wants to see me scoring my 700th goal."

â€BB promised (b4 season) that I will play 1st PP unit and 2nd PP unit and get average of 15min ice time…"

He also says he had doubts about resigning to Ducks in 2013, because of BB. Considered going to either LA Kings or… yes, Winnipeg Jets.

"I got to play with Getzlaf the next four games, scored two goals and four points. After that everything went back to way it was before."

He met with BB after olympics: "I told him that I’ve I can’t succeed in that, you can totally forget me."

â€... you’re going to need me. Nobody else wants to win as much as me. It felt really good."

"He tried to skate away but I just yelled I wasn’t finish. I told Boudreau if you ever want to win something in a playoffs…"

"I ask which group and he said GM and scouts. I yelled him "whow, what kind of a coach you are if you don’t even decide lineup!â€."

"Be honest for one time and answer.! He just stammered that decisions we not his alone and it was a group decision."

"he has not respected me one bit. You never put me on ice when we play 5on3 of 4on4 or when we are one goal behind in the end of the game."

" I yelled him right to his face what I was thinking. I ask what he has against me. I told him that since he became our coach…"

After BB decided to scratch him for game 4 against Dallas: "I waited after everyone else had left the ice and skated to Boudreau…"

â€You are as good as you your coach wants you to be. If we had any other coach, I’d still be playing.†-Teemu

â€It would have been wrong if we had won the Stanley Cup with coach like that.†#teemu
Replied to 0 times

Ok… Here’ comes couple of tweets about Teemu and his relationship with Bruce Boudreau. All from Teemu’s new book.

EDIT: Didn't realise at first but the book has only been out in Finnish so these are all translated by the guy who tweeted them. Not sure how accurate they are...

Last edited:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Anyone else getting some twisted pleasure that Selanne is being taken to task on the main board over this? Seems like the guy is one of the most respected players on this site, which I can kind of understand on one hand because he is funny and cool like 75% of the time, but as we Wings fan know, he can get downright whiny when he wants to.

Seems like the whiny side was always ignored on this site, but these quotes, if the context isn't totally being neglected here, seem fairly damning against a guy who looked totally done in the NHL. Maybe that was because he didn't want to be in Anaheim with Boudreau, because he did have a good Olympics. I donno, I'm just going to sit back with my popcorn and enjoy it.

Brandel*

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1h
Jordin Tootoo said he asked Red Wings to trade him or buy him out because he saw there was no room for him with the young players there.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1h
Tootoo had nothing but good things to say about the Red Wings. Was grateful for the opportunity to play here.

I don't expect media to point out how it's always a North American player holding out for more money.

forgot dillon and eakin too, well smith and krug aren't really holding out but yeah, nobodys going to take a 30% pay cut after scoring 40pts as a rookie

Last edited by a moderator:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
866265422.gif

dat skating..

Brandel*

ESPN's overall team rankings for all 4 major NA sports. Wings ranked 20th overall. I sorted by ownership so you can see how the wings did in all the categories by scrolling down, we're at #2. You can hover over the abbreviations to get a description. BNG is reversed for some reason, so we're actually 55 in that. We we're in the top 30 of every category besides (essentially) cost/win (55/122) and stadium experience (87/122)

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings/_/category/own#table

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not shocked at all with the Teemu comments, he is the most respected whiner I have seen in the league. It rarely gets brought up outside of basically our fan-base, but it has always been there and that is where it differs from some of the other greats who got this pointed out a lot. Teemu has been given the pass when he has run his mouth in the past, but hardly surprising to see him go Mike Commodore on BB.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
all that Selanne stuff makes me think is I sure wish the Wings had the guts to break a promise or two like Boudreau apparently did if it isn't working out

maybe then Cleary wouldn't be back

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Looks like Jordan Staal broke his leg tonight. Tough news for the Canes, Lindholm likely gets a chance to run with line two, but that is a monumental loss for them that could really hurt their chances at the post-season as they weren't great contenders to begin with in my opinion in terms of that.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Looks like Jordan Staal broke his leg tonight. Tough news for the Canes, Lindholm likely gets a chance to run with line two, but that is a monumental loss for them that could really hurt their chances at the post-season as they weren't great contenders to begin with in my opinion in terms of that.

their chances to meet postseason were already fairly slim. i don't have them as low as some others (28th to 30th) but even i metro lacks high end teams, it's still fairly deep. like no is out of the race as of now imo. well flyers most likely when timonen is out.

until now. if they lose staal long-term, they'll draft top 5 imo. unless peters can work some magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad