Around The NHL - 2013/14 Season - pt. II - "MAK Likes The Nuge" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The Oilers are so over rated on here, they are too small & soft especially at forward. By the time they should be ready to challenge their elite players could be in the same position Spezza is in, too beat up to play every day. I don't see them challenging for a playoff spot for a while yet, IMO they will be a perrenial lottery team.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The Oilers are so over rated on here, they are too small & soft especially at forward. By the time they should be ready to challenge their elite players could be in the same position Spezza is in, too beat up to play every day. I don't see them challenging for a playoff spot for a while yet, IMO they will be a perrenial lottery team.

Agreed.

Hall plays such a reckless game with his body I doubt he'll last to make it as a 30-year-old NHLer. RNH is literally a stickman on the ice. That shoulder of his will always be a problem.

It's a shame. If the Oilers would've had some good quality vets and a strong management team to actually cultivate and grow these kids from day 1, they could've been formidable. Instead, the kids are running free range and have no direction or purpose. It'll be hard for Eakins to corral these kids and get them working together as a team. I just don't see it happening.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I never got all the hype over Noesen, he never seemed like anything special to me. I always figured he'd be one of those players that gets a handful of games in the NHL then ends up in the A or overseas.

And I say this only because he is no longer part of the Senators and wish for it desperately to be true, with no reasoning based on facts or reality of any sort.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Only Oilers I am interested in are RNH, Hall, Eberle, Klefbom, Dubnyk (with salary taken back and only so we don't have to bring up Lawson)

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Seems like it was the same discourse in 2008. They're in a neverending waiting loop.
They'll be good soon, albeit obviously due to complete incompetency. Nurse and Klefbom are in their system which before they didn't have.

Also, for anyone who doesn't watch the Oilers, Taylor Hall, in every game I've seen, does a toe drag move. His success rate is 0%. If you don't believe me, he did it today, and this the fans reaction:

Drink! Hall failed dangle
**** off with that **** Hall it never works
Take the ****ing shot, stop trying to dangle every time you get the puck Hall
I wonder if Hall knows more than one deke?
Try a toe-drag for no reason when he could have shot.
Every ****ing time the same move Hall. Gtfo
Toe drags!!!!!!

Stop them!!!!
Hall's hands lol
and more :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad