Around The NHL - 2013/14 Season - pt. II - "MAK Likes The Nuge" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Your hate for him is lolable.

Blatant non-call on Franson.

I have no hate for RNH, but what exactly was the non-call on? RNH was leaning forward and got a glancing push that sent him sprawling. If that happened to Spezza and Spezza just sat there he would have been crucified.

utah

Apr 12, 2006
Refs find a way to help the Leafs again.

No kidding. Nice hook and punch to the back in OT, by the Leafs.

Of course, the Refs missed it...and let the Leafs break out 3 on 1.

Cherry....knows it's a penalty....but says, "let's not get into that".

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I have no hate for RNH, but what exactly was the non-call on? RNH was leaning forward and got a glancing push that sent him sprawling. If that happened to Spezza and Spezza just sat there he would have been crucified.

It wasn't a glancing push, he got punched in the back of the head. Only in Toronto would any player(well, a Leafs player) get away with that in OT.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It wasn't a glancing push, he got punched in the back of the head. Only in Toronto would any player(well, a Leafs player) get away with that in OT.

They just showed it like 3 times. It was glancing and off his back. It never touched his head.

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
Leafs are deep offensively have 2 top lines. if they're D holds up they'll give B's and P's a run for the top in the East

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Definitely not to his head, but definitely more a punch than shove.

Yeah, but if you think they're going to call that in overtime against any team that isn't Ottawa it would be a stretch. RNH just needs to be stronger on his skates there, and then not sit on the ice for 5 seconds complaining after.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter because until Edmonton can get a goalie that stops a beach-ball whether it's 3 on 1 or 1 on 3 they're going to struggle.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Yeah, but if you think they're going to call that in overtime against any team that isn't Ottawa it would be a stretch. RNH just needs to be stronger on his skates there, and then not sit on the ice for 5 seconds complaining after.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter because until Edmonton can get a goalie that stops a beach-ball whether it's 3 on 1 or 1 on 3 they're going to struggle.

Actually, they would call that against any other team besides Toronto, and maybe Montreal as well were it in their town.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Really hope they go for Bryzgalov. But I can honestly see him wanting to stay in Vegas in the ECHL than the NHL in Edmonton.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Regardless if it was the head or not, it should have been called.

Leafs are getting the calls this year for sure.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa

That's a good point. I'm curious what your post would look like if the same thing had happened to Spezza.

Probably something along the lines of him getting a "lashing in the dressing room", no doubt.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Dubnyk is terrible, always has, always will. If the Oilers are ever going to make the playoffs, they need better goaltending for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad