Around The NHL - 2013/14 Season - pt. II - "MAK Likes The Nuge" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Flyers still suck. Hard.

Holmgren needs to go. Firing Laviolette was a textbook case of treating the symptom, not the disease.

Get a new GM, identify your 3/4 franchise guys, and blow the team up.
- Moving Meszaros & Timonen at the deadline, while eating half of their contracts (both are on the last year of their deals) will net them nice assets.
- See if you can find a spot for Hartnell on another NHL team without taking salary back. Nice player, but overpaid and hurting the team's ability to make moves elsewhere.
- Use the $6mil from Timonen's expiring contract on a legit UFA defensive defenceman in the offseason.
- Emery/Mason is not the answer. Jesus, this should be obvious...

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Spezza aggresively working the outside of the PK box. He is just so terrible defensively. My god, why is he still on the team?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
welcome to the NHL Hertl. Gotta be careful when you swim with the big fish

Spezza aggresively working the outside of the PK box. He is just so terrible defensively. My god, why is he still on the team?

Wow Gryba...wow. What the ****?

Gryba and Phillips out there is a goal waiting to happen right now.

Uhh... just a friendly heads up: the GDT is over here.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
No kidding. Nice hook and punch to the back in OT, by the Leafs.

Of course, the Refs missed it...and let the Leafs break out 3 on 1.

Cherry....knows it's a penalty....but says, "let's not get into that".

Yeah, refs really like helping the Leafs. PP's were 4 to 3 for the Oilers, including a BS two man advantage for over 1 minute.

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
Well atleast we're not the biggest gongshow- not by a longshot:
In Oiler's News: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/edmonton-oilers/Yakupov+fumes+under+coach+rules/9033031/story.html

TL/DR
Yakupov “I’m going to play my game,” he said. “I’m not going to change but maybe play better without the puck, or forecheck more, but I love playing with the puck. I really don’t like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting somebody every shift. I don’t think it’s my game.”

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
In Oiler's News: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/edmonton-oilers/Yakupov+fumes+under+coach+rules/9033031/story.html

TL/DR
Yakupov “I’m going to play my game,†he said. “I’m not going to change but maybe play better without the puck, or forecheck more, but I love playing with the puck. I really don’t like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting somebody every shift. I don’t think it’s my game.â€

Yaki don't do forechecking.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

TL/DR
Yakupov “I’m going to play my game,†he said. “I’m not going to change but maybe play better without the puck, or forecheck more, but I love playing with the puck. I really don’t like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting somebody every shift. I don’t think it’s my game.â€

Yeah, let's trade away all our positional strength for that guy! What a warrior! He'll do whatever it takes to win a championship. :facepalm:

lol, damn, the Oilers are in deep trouble. This is what happens when you have too many high profile kids who want to have fun and no on-ice accountability. They shoulda hired Torts to put a rudder on that ship.

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
Yeah, let's trade away all our positional strength for that guy! What a warrior! He'll do whatever it takes to win a championship. :facepalm:

lol, damn, the Oilers are in deep trouble. This is what happens when you have too many high profile kids who want to have fun and no on-ice accountability. They shoulda hired Torts to put a rudder on that ship.

Man I would love to see Torts there
Michael-Jacksons-Thriller-Popcorn-Gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad