Around the NHL 20-21 pt. 2: the season ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Maybe it's just me but it feels dirty seeing Kucherov out there playing so well after missing the entire season, which coincidentally helped alleviate Tampa's cap crunch. Should be a rule to eliminate that
I was more reminded of all the excuses that or players are that bad because of the long break they had at the start of the year

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Maybe it's just me but it feels dirty seeing Kucherov out there playing so well after missing the entire season, which coincidentally helped alleviate Tampa's cap crunch. Should be a rule to eliminate that

We actually did this with Tim Connolly back in 07. I think he played the last two games of that season to be eligible for the playoffs? He did have a serious injury to start the season, but the timing of his return was curious. I'm curious to see how many more teams try this with their vets locked up on long term deals who are nursing injuries. "Oh this gives us an extra 8M in cap space? Whoopsie"

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
We actually did this with Tim Connolly back in 07. I think he played the last two games of that season to be eligible for the playoffs? He did have a serious injury to start the season, but the timing of his return was curious. I'm curious to see how many more teams try this with their vets locked up on long term deals who are nursing injuries. "Oh this gives us an extra 8M in cap space? Whoopsie"
The major difference was Buffalo wasn't under such a cap crunch and Regier didn't put him on LTIR, also coming back to play had albeit minimal cap considerations. Tampa basically got a free top line player for zero cap hit. The last Hawks cup run there were complaints how Kane was injured and stayed on LTIR until the playoffs, while Chicago used the space to flesh out their roster

Reactions: brian_griffin

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The major difference was Buffalo wasn't under such a cap crunch and Regier didn't put him on LTIR, also coming back to play had albeit minimal cap considerations. Tampa basically got a free top line player for zero cap hit. The last Hawks cup run there were complaints how Kane was injured and stayed on LTIR until the playoffs, while Chicago used the space to flesh out their roster

The '07 team was right up against the cap. I'm not sure if this is recorded anywhere, but I believe TC on LTIR + the Biron trade is what gave us the room to go get Zubrus at the deadline., but I could be wrong.

Either way, teams have been abusing LTIR for awhile

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Marchand is a dink, hides behind the refs, high sticks someone in the face as the refs separate them.

Would really love to see someone absolute steamroll him in the open ice or cross-check him in the ****ing teeth

I gotta walk away, the reffing is pissing me off and I don't even care about this game...

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
While the Sabres become an even bigger laughingstock tonight Terry and Kim look on and go "This is fine!"

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Montreal fans going nuclear because Caufield and JK are being sat so Staal can play Game One. Let’s just say it doesn’t sound like he upped his game since leaving Buffalo.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
The Blues played dirty from the beginning. They can't skate with the AVs. They're only chance is to wear them down. I'm going to start calling them the Slewfootish Blues.

Haha, I was going to post that fight too. It's awesome to see a captain send an immediate message and lead his team from the trenches. Can we get one of these? Helluva fight from Landeskog.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
This guy was the best coach the Sabres have had since Ruff. That's just terrible.

5a8dac5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad