Around the NHL 20-21 pt. 2: the season ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
The amount of quality high danger passes by the Lightning in the offensive zone is nuts.

Complete opposite of the Krueger Sabres which was pass it around the perimeter, toss a point shot in the direction of the net with no one there.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Go Cats, Tampa is scum. About fifteen minutes into the game and Hedman and McDonagh have already boarded 2 guys face first into walls

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Didn't expect to become a Panthers fan after 1 period but they're fast as hell, skilled, and seem extremely physical/difficult to play against

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I had no idea Florida was this good.

Man, Buffalo is lightyears away...Dahlin's going to be gone by the time we can play like this, if ever.

don’t discount player development. The way to fix the Sabres isn’t paved with trades.

Imagine Cozens in a physical series. Or Dahlin. Or even Mittelstadt, who showed how competitive he was down the stretch.

Add in tough two way players like Turcotte and Beniers, and the Sabres can play this type of hockey.

Reactions: Zman5778

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I was skeptical about Quennville but hiring him plus just a couple minor additions to the lineup turned this team around fast.

Getting the right coach fixes a lot of ailments.

Know how some around here mocked Adams when he said "buy in" and something "bigger than yourself"? This is what happens when a team has that.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I was skeptical about Quennville but hiring him plus just a couple minor additions to the lineup turned this team around fast.

Getting the right coach fixes a lot of ailments.
And the Pegulas will refuse to learn from this because they are idiots incapable of learning from their mistakes. They NEVER learn.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Buy-in is only as valuable as the coach selling to the players. No amount of buy-in was going to make any of the coaches we've had over the last several years look good.

This. Also I believe the players bought into Krueger up until half way through this season when it became apparent he was a fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad