Around the NHL #17, the 18/19 on-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

I like Friedman but that proves jacksquat.

Just more crap speculation based on nothing.

As for the post above and Dougies “toxic ass” I am not sure what to even say to completely made up crap like that.

The only thing it should about Boston fans is they are not the only fans that will make stuff up about a guy on his way out of town.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I like that Gibson deal. Kicks in when he's 26-34, so the perfect years for locking him up, and under 6.5.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Looking like B. Tkachuk will sign with the Sens.

Honestly looked like a man
that stepped onto the ice with a bunch of pee wee’s in the summer showcase.

He’s going to be a stud. Can’t believe he went under the exact same thing his brother did. Yet as a historian I find it equally hilarious and sad.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Rumours he’ll play in London, which is the right move. Go stomp out some CHL scrubs for a season while the Sens complete the dumpster fire.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Rumours he’ll play in London, which is the right move. Go stomp out some CHL scrubs for a season while the Sens complete the dumpster fire.

I’ve heard he could play in the AHL as well. Which for me would be the way to go. Because he’s already too strong for junior IMO. But you can never go wrong playing for London

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
That Lafreniere kid is pretty amazing.

Breaking records set by Mario Lemieux. He reminds me a lot of Malkin/Lemieux. Big, strong and fast. Yet usually playing the game in second gear because they have so much awareness and poise.

He and McDavid will be the best players of this generation. Book it.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Lafreniere is super impressive. The Lemieux comparisons I agree with. If he was in the 2019 draft I think he would easily go 1OA.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I think Bouma would still be in the NHL had it not been for the injuries he sustained at the Flames. Hard to believe he's out of the league at 28

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think Bouma would still be in the NHL had it not been for the injuries he sustained at the Flames. Hard to believe he's out of the league at 28

Not overly surprising by my books. One of many questionable NHL upside players who were lugged along to some success by good players.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Gulutzan expects big changes for the Oilers style of play this season
"There are going to be some visible changes a little bit in style of play. Obviously, Trent is taking over the penalty kill and I think there will be some changes there. But in the 5-on-5 play is probably where we’re going to go with things that are going to speed up the rate at which we play."

Glen Gulutzan seems very excited to join the Oilers bench and I think we’re all feeling the same way. Glen spoke about how speed in the NHL plays a giant factor in winning and losing. The Oilers definitely need to improve in this area.

"Without going too deep into it, probably one of the bigger changes that I’ve seen in the National Hockey League, we’re going to change a little bit here. We think it’s really going to speed up our pace of play."

Hmmm :laugh:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Didn't know where to put this, so...

Lot of players playing their last games with the flames these days...

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I watched about 10 Oiler games last year. Contracts excluded I’d rather have Brouwer. Looked like Lucic was handling a grenade.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So happy we fired this guy. He thinks lucic has great "bounce back" potential.
Anyone with an iota of intelligence knows Lucic could bounce back. The guy put up 26 points in 36 games by Christmas, put up 4 points in 11 games after Christmas.... then 4 points the rest of the year (35 games)? The screams undisclosed injury if you ask me. Sure, maybe he goes the way of Brouwer and never bounces back, but going from a 60 point pace to a 10 point pace in 3-4 months makes me think there is more to it than anyone is saying. I'm not suggesting he will produce at a 60 point pace this year, but a 35-45 point pace is pretty likely IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad