Around the NHL #15 - Ovie is Not a Choker Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Just realized today that the Flyers are still going to be sending cheques to Bryzgalov for another decade. Talk about comfortable living .

Reactions: viper0220

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Just realized today that the Flyers are still going to be sending cheques to Bryzgalov for another decade. Talk about comfortable living .

It is kind of crazy that the Flyers will pay Bryzgalov for another decade, the Tampa Bay Lightning will pay Vincent Lecavalier until he is 47 years old, the Islanders will Rick DiPietro until 2028(Rick DiPietro's tenure will the Islanders will span 28 seasons.)

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
The DiPietro deal was dumb, but if injuries wouldn't have destroyed him might have turned out ok, the actual cap hit was pretty decent, and he was a proven good goalie.

But that's why you can always be bitten in the ass.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The DiPietro deal was dumb, but if injuries wouldn't have destroyed him might have turned out ok, the actual cap hit was pretty decent, and he was a proven good goalie.

But that's why you can always be bitten in the ass.
I think if DiPietro hadn't ended up with injuries, he would have been one of the best goaltenders in the game and that contract would have been a steal for the vast majority of it.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Arizona is gearing up to be a pretty good team

Don’t know how much better they got in that deal. I like this deal on Montreal’s end actually.

I think Gally is the better talent, Domi is a guy you win with though.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
I like this deal from Montreal’s end.
Max Domi gives a lot of ****s. Calgary needs more of that With skill.
I agree. Production is pretty much a wash when comparing these two, but I like everything else Domi does.

One of the reasons I thought he’d be a good pickup for us.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I'm thinking Arizona needs the higher skill more, and Montreal needs the style of player Domi is more. Might end up ok for both

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
You guys are crazy, Galchenyuk has a 30 goal season playing in Montreal’s 3/4 lines. Domi is decent, but given the chance to succeed gally can be a real offensive driver

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I like Domi a lot more than Galchenyuk. We should have done something around Bennett for him, maybe we still can. Montreal needs that 1C. ;)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Don’t know how much better they got in that deal. I like this deal on Montreal’s end actually.

Who exactly has won with Domi lately? I feel like, especially with the last three Stanley Cup champions, these types of sentiments should be getting phased out. You win with good players who gel together. You win with Phil Kessel. You win with Nicklas Backstrom. Meanwhile there are plenty of Sam Bennetts stuck on basement teams around the league.

I agree that Galchenyuk is the better talent. I feel like Domi only really saved face last year with a late-season push a la Joe Colborne. I think he has the potential to be one of those guys who never lives up to his rookie season, but we'll see. I've never really seen a whole heck of a lot from the guy, whereas I've seen some great flashes from Galchenyuk over the years, and if nothing else he has a Hoffman-esque shot from the right circle.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
It's a one for one deal and why would Galy have more value? It's a goal scoring one dimensional 50 point winger, for a playmaking multi-dimensional 50 point winger.

Domi is a little better than Galchenyuk, but to call him a multi-dimensional winger is a crime to actual multi-dimensional wingers. He's pretty one dimensional himself if you ask me. No eye test will ever change my mind.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Yeah, I don't know what some of you are thinking. Galchenyuk is better than Domi in every aspect of the game and it's not even close. In no universe does Domi even come close to Galy.

To think Domi is better than Galy is ludicrous.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
What’s “ludicrous” is claiming Galchenyuk is better in every aspect. That is clearly false.

This is one of the times where I greatly question a large portion of the hockey worlds ability to to discern “better”, from “more flashy”.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

I'm not so sure Gally is the better talent, better goal scorer, sure; but Domi is a much better playmaker. Over the past 3 seasons the difference between Gally & Domi is a mere 16 total points. Considering that Domi played in AZ with very little offensive help and they are his first 3 years in the league and he is a year younger, I think Domi could be the better talent and IMO is the better player as he is as you said, the kind of guy you win with.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Who exactly has won with Domi lately? I feel like, especially with the last three Stanley Cup champions, these types of sentiments should be getting phased out. You win with good players who gel together. You win with Phil Kessel. You win with Nicklas Backstrom. Meanwhile there are plenty of Sam Bennetts stuck on basement teams around the league.

I agree that Galchenyuk is the better talent. I feel like Domi only really saved face last year with a late-season push a la Joe Colborne. I think he has the potential to be one of those guys who never lives up to his rookie season, but we'll see. I've never really seen a whole heck of a lot from the guy, whereas I've seen some great flashes from Galchenyuk over the years, and if nothing else he has a Hoffman-esque shot from the right circle.
And yet the guys standing out as stepping up are guys like Wilson and Bonino. The reason guys like Domi are considered guys that you win with, is because they seem to be the types that sacrifice more (physically), come playoff time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad