Around the NHL #15 - Ovie is Not a Choker Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 3, 2010

Flames are sitting at 62.5M with 15 players under contract. So 17-17.5M in cap space.

Key RFA's are Jankowski, Kulak, Rittich, Gillies and maybe Klimchuk and Shore. None of the UFA's should be brought back.

I think, post re-signing the above RFAs, it would be safe to say Calgary will operate with roughly 9m in cap soace entering Free Agency. Could be a little more or less either way, but 9m is a safe bet.

And knowing that Calgary/Treliving operates on an internal cap structure, the most this team will spend on any given contract is basically 7m, leaving ~2m in space, but likelier they'll go for a small assortment of assets in the 3.5-4.5m range.

Wonder who will be worth those prices (barring trade consideration of course.)

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I think, post re-signing the above RFAs, it would be safe to say Calgary will operate with roughly 9m in cap soace entering Free Agency. Could be a little more or less either way, but 9m is a safe bet.

And knowing that Calgary/Treliving operates on an internal cap structure, the most this team will spend on any given contract is basically 7m, leaving ~2m in space, but likelier they'll go for a small assortment of assets in the 3.5-4.5m range.

Wonder who will be worth those prices (barring trade consideration of course.)

He's certainly made it sound like he doesn't want to go after big fish in UFA, but wants to improve depth. So value players I guess.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Im guessing Jankowski signs 2 year, 2 million, the Bennett/Ferland type deal. Kulak probably signs around 1 year, 1 million but on a 1 way deal.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Oilers put Gryba on waivers for purposes of buyout. Guess Katz is getting strict on dollars, considering this will cost them 300K against the cap for two years, and if they let him play out the last year his entire 900K hit could be buried

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Oilers put Gryba on waivers for purposes of buyout. Guess Katz is getting strict on dollars, considering this will cost them 300K against the cap for two years, and if they let him play out the last year his entire 900K hit could be buried
I love this move as a Flames fan. Chia gon' Chia

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Given they need every cent of cap space, its a questionable move. On the other hand, this gives Gryba a chance at joining another organization and possibly playing in the NHL this season (versus being buried the whole year). Players like that sort of thing and word gets around.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Trotz to the Isles.

Probably Tavares too. I love Trotz but that roster doesn’t look anything special to me.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

arte-y-ciencia-de-los-gif.gif

To be fair, it might have to do with the contract limit, I haven't looked.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
arte-y-ciencia-de-los-gif.gif

To be fair, it might have to do with the contract limit, I haven't looked.
They're at 39 with 5 or 6 RFAs. I can't imagine they will sign more than 5 guys in free agency. So even the roster limit seems like a suspect excuse.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Sheath is good. He was a necessary inclusion to offload Hunwick, otherwise I think they'd have kept him, or traded him for a bit more if they didn't think they could afford to re-sign him after this season.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Kempny off the market at a 4 year, 10 mil deal.
He was critical to Caps cup run. That's good dollar value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad