Around the NHL #15 - Ovie is Not a Choker Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Wouldn't be surprised if he'd prefer to stay out of Canadian markets, particularly in light of Eberle's comments a while back.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
“The Edmonton media can be pretty brutal and your confidence goes and this is a game you can’t play if you don’t have confidence,” Eberle said. “It’s that simple. It’s the Edmonton Oilers and everything around it. When you read articles every day about how much you suck, it’s tough.”

Ignore them.

“You can’t,” Eberle replied. “It affects you and I lost my confidence. The biggest thing for me since I got here with the Islanders, is trying to get that back.”

Eberle regaining his confidence during renaissance with Islanders

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Anyone else see the chance of Taylor Hall coming to play in his hometown to spurn the Oilers at some point?

I'd take him here in a heartbeat. Even though it was just the All-Star game and was 3 on 3, him and Gaudreau gelled really well together. I have no doubt that in real game him and Gaudreau would be magic together, especially off the rush. Add in a 30+ goal scorer in Monahan, oh boy. Monahan could pot 50 playing with Gaudreau and Hall, with the latter hovering around 90-100 points.

Fairly confident in saying it will never happen though because A) won't be able to afford him at UFA prices, B) probably wouldn't come to Calgary, C) would solve our RW problem and Calgary will never have 3 top line players :( (put Gaudreau on the right and Hall on the left or vice versa)

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
woevc28l.jpg

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad