Around the NHL #15 - Ovie is Not a Choker Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
They have a few guys in the pipeline as well: Colin White, Logan Brown, Chabot

Yeah, these guys are high end pieces with potential.
IF you're starting your rebuild with let's say:
Colin White (top 6 RW/C potential)
Logan Brown (Huge top 6 C)
Thomas Chabot (already top 4 NHL D)

Then add in let's say:
Sergachev (top 4 NHL D)
Point (Top line C, potential)

Then add a top 5 pick this year.

You'd have a good little foundation. Especially if you can dump Ryan.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
It sounds like Shannon had to much to drink and went onto Twitter. I’d really love to know the source of his info on this one.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It sounds like Shannon had to much to drink and went onto Twitter. I’d really love to know the source of his info on this one.
The 'Canes press release stated that the new GM would report directly to Dundon, so Shannon is right on the money.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
9. As Nick Kypreos reported, the Capitals signed GM Brian MacLellan to a contract extension. They generally don’t announce such things, so it is not a stunner the move occurred quietly. It doesn’t appear as if head coach Barry Trotz received one, so this will be a developing story as the playoffs progress.
Since last summer, when the organization denied Arizona, Buffalo and Florida permission to speak to Todd Reirden, we’ve assumed him to be the heir apparent. It would be something if Washington — which looked as good as it has all year in whipping Toronto at the Naval Academy — finally busted through, and Trotz chose to hit the open market with that success. What happens to Trotz and to Joel Quenneville determines a lot this summer.
Friedman

Didn't realize Trotz was potentially a free agent this summer. He'd definitely be an upgrade and wouldn't be as expensive as Quenneville or even Vigneault.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Friedman

Didn't realize Trotz was potentially a free agent this summer. He'd definitely be an upgrade and wouldn't be as expensive as Quenneville or even Vigneault.

Trotz is a great coach but can only take a team so far for whatever reason. He'd be great as a guy to get the team some deep postseason runs for the next few years; then we bring in a real elite guy behind the bench who can get us a cup.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I hope the Blues hang on and make the playoffs. Would be a pretty big testament to their players if they finish the end stretch surge after the Stastny trade to do it.

Also hoping for the Devils to hold on. Always have had a soft spot for that team, and would like to see them make it.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Jokes aside, I liked Sieloff and hoped he would get himself an opportunity to play. Very similar player to Travis Hamonic, actually.

As long as you ignore talent, skating, puck handling skills, defensive positioning, reading the play offensively and defensively, passing, shooting, fighting, defending.

But you are right they do both play defense so similar in that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad