Around the NHL 13/14 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Oh ffs, Panthers fire their entire coaching staff. I feel like teams who fire their coach's always get a win after a coach firing no matter how awful they are.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Oh ffs, Panthers fire their entire coaching staff. I feel like teams who fire their coach's always get a win after a coach firing no matter how awful they are.

Coaches aren't the problem in Florida. Dineen might not have been the answer, but he certainly wasn't the problem.

Tallon has no real direction. I wasn't a fan when he had a budget in Chicago, I'm definitely less of a fan now that he's working on a budget.

Can't draft to save his life + doesn't have the cap space to sign impact UFA's = a hodgepodge team of random castoffs.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I don't mind his drafting in Florida. Above average for sure but he might not get to stick around long enough to see the rewards of it.

Firing the coach is pointless though. They are exactly where they should be.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I don't mind his drafting in Florida. Above average for sure but he might not get to stick around long enough to see the rewards of it.

Firing the coach is pointless though. They are exactly where they should be.

Outside of Huberdeau and Barkov, which are can't-miss "you can't possibly screw this up" picks, I'm not impressed.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Outside of Huberdeau and Barkov, which are can't-miss "you can't possibly screw this up" picks, I'm not impressed.

Don't they have that goalie prospect that is even better than Lehner? I read it on HFBoards somewhere.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Sens have interest in Gudbranson according to chirp, thatd be cool :nod:

That would be awesome. He's shown some glimpses of dominance this season but has been similar to Cowen in that he's taking a while to put it all together. Another local kid, another guy they could potentially get when his stock is low. I'd be in favour. I'd guess one of Gryba or Wiercioch would have to be involved though.

Imagine a defense with Boro, Gud and Methot. Fresh, made locally.

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
That would be awesome. He's shown some glimpses of dominance this season but has been similar to Cowen in that he's taking a while to put it all together. Another local kid, another guy they could potentially get when his stock is low. I'd be in favour. I'd guess one of Gryba or Cowen would have to be involved though.

Imagine a defense with Boro, Gud and Methot. Fresh, made locally.

That would be pretty cool. Not to mention that Methot raised his game a bit after being traded here. Wouldn't be unreasonable to think that Gudbranson might do the same if he were to play at home.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well the Gudbranson thing was only speculation and he ended his own speculation in speculating that Florida wanted Anderson.

I wouldn't mind going after Kulikov or Campbell as opposed to Gudbranson, and maybe adding someone like Trocheck in there.

The Fuhr*

Hanzal is breaking out big time... One of the most dominating players I have watched this season.

15GP 5G 13Pts 48Hits... He's always contributing and has looked faster this year too

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Would you still be interested if Murray traded Cowen for him?

Nope! That would bbe counterproductive. I'd ship Michalek + Decent D prospect but im sure they wouldn't like that, but considering he's playing 3rd pairing in FLORIIDA I'm not gonna pay too much

The Fuhr*

Nope! That would bbe counterproductive. I'd ship Michalek + Decent D prospect but im sure they wouldn't like that, but considering he's playing 3rd pairing in FLORIIDA I'm not gonna pay too much

We paid Rundblad and a 2nd for Turris when he had proved nothing outside of a Regin sequel playoffs and held out.

That turned out well

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

They're not going to trade a guy they drafted 3rd overall for a pending UFA. Michalek has literally no value to that team.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
We paid Rundblad and a 2nd for Turris when he had proved nothing outside of a Regin sequel playoffs and held out.

That turned out well

But we had an excess of D and we needed a C. We're trying to build our D core here as it's currently terrible. Trading a D away to get a D of similar quality would be kinda useless

The Fuhr*

Our D outside of Karlsson really lacks puck movement... Moving Cowen for a better puck mover who can play top four would improve us.

I'd rather keep Cowen and try to get that some other way, but I can see how if it was Cowen it would still improve us

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Our D outside of Karlsson really lacks puck movement... Moving Cowen for a better puck mover who can play top four would improve us.

I'd rather keep Cowen and try to get that some other way, but I can see how if it was Cowen it would still improve us

Or ship one of the useless Greening/Michalek for a PMD instead of trading away a possible future #2 d-man (even if he looks like **** right now).

Senatorian

Oct 4, 2013
Canada
Made me laugh

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-08-13-40-27.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-08-13-40-27.png
    355.3 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events