Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Hasek is one of the most underrated players of all time, even with how highly acclaimed he is.

If you look at his peak in Buffalo before he started breaking down, no goalie even comes close to him. Roy and Brodeur both played on much better teams, yet his stats dwarf them. I don't think he is as dominant relative to his position as Gretzky or Orr were at their peaks, but he's up there.
Agreed.

He was a god in the 1998 Olympics I mentioned and just went to find the stats. 5 wins, 1 loss, 2 shutouts, 0.97 GAA, and a .963 save %. Insane domination.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Leafs owners won’t be happy, they won’t be broadcasting Mondays’s on TSN or Roger’s, but Amazon instead. They’ll probably petition for no Monday games.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
I was there too. I'll never forget that one
That was the only playoff game I ever attended, wanted the experience. I went with my sister (neither of us had ever been to a playoff game before). We're both smokers so at intermission, we'd go out for a smoke (before they changed the rules that if you left the bldg, you couldn't get back in). Well, Pageau scored his hat trick in the first few minutes of a period when we were still trying to get back in the building. We missed all 3 of them lol. But great game none the less, especially since it was Alfie's last season with the Sens.

Oops, just realized you were referring to the Sens/Rangers game when Pageau scored 4. I was at the Sens/Mtl game when he scored a hat trick, playoffs 2012/13 season.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Boston doing well, but still way too close for comfort. Can't rely so much on goaltending long term, even against a bunch of weenies like Toronto.

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
I am listening to the game on tsn 1050 on my phone, and Leafs pxp annoncer Joe Bowen is such a Leafs homer whining about the Tavares penalty....lol!!!!!

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
LOL. Fans saw the had go up and thought Bruins penalty but it was a high stick. Then the Leafs get a dumb penalty behind the Bruin net to put the game away.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
That was at the peak of his greatness. .937 save percentage that year, which was his highest ever. He was an MVP caliber goaltender in ways not even rivaled by Roy or Brodeur imo. Granted they had other advantages in play style that at times made them more effective, but Hasek was a different beast. I idolized him so much growing up that I was basically cheering for just him in the 1998 Olympics.
That's why it was so heartbreaking when he was injured at the Olympics the year we acquired him. Oh, what could have been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad