Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

He's been angling to have the opportunity to walk his way out of there for a while it seems and if I were a Calgary fan I'd have been concerned since the last contract.

I'd be interested to know if they ever had a shot if they'd kept Gudreau or if this was always going to land here and Tkachuk always planned to go where he wanted.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The Tkachuks are fickle creatures.
The point is that the Tkachuks know the game better than many GMs. They won't settle for a situation that's just OK. Brady signed in Ottawa because he got his money but also he liked his team and liked the possibilities. Matthew wants the same thing.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Damn, huge if true. I think most suspected he won't be in Calgary for long, but this is more sudden than expected. i Calgary might go on an actual rebuild now. Tanev might be available too.
I don't think Flames ownership will ever let that team rebuild even if it's the right option.

That being said, if they did, Tanev is basically the perfect stabilizer partner for a Sanderson, or even a Brannstrom.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
not looking good for Batherson and Formenton. Almost all but guarantees that they have a hand in this.
Wonder if Ottawa reaching out to M Tkachuk was the possibility of them being involved in this.

Not sure what happens to their contracts in this situation

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Wonder if Ottawa reaching out to M Tkachuk was the possibility of them being involved in this.

Not sure what happens to their contracts in this situation
depends on what the league does. I think this is a hard case to prove but the optics and public eye might force the senators and leagues hand for a suspension

Reactions: Pierre from Orleans

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don't think Flames ownership will ever let that team rebuild even if it's the right option.

That being said, if they did, Tanev is basically the perfect stabilizer partner for a Sanderson, or even a Brannstrom.
Worth that Washington second round pick!

Salary is $4.5M for two seasons.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Was reading that St.Louis offered Kyrou, Krug and a 1st. That's a solid package to start with and the Flames can still be very competitive with a return like that.

They'll really need Zary or Pelletier to break out if they trade Tkachuk

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Was reading that St.Louis offered Kyrou, Krug and a 1st. That's a solid package to start with and the Flames can still be very competitive with a return like that.

They'll really need Zary or Pelletier to break out if they trade Tkachuk
I’d take Kyrou straight up for Tkachuk if I was Calgary. Tell St Louis to try to unload Krug’s terrible contract elsewhere

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
not looking good for Batherson and Formenton. Almost all but guarantees that they have a hand in this.

If that is the case, imagine how STUPID the Connor Brown trade will become, like dumber than anything else Dorion has done including Zibanejad + 2nd for Brassard, or a 2nd for 6.5 AAV Stepan in cap world, etc

I had a related post deleted earlier but I don't want to talk about the problem in itself, I want to talk about the disastrous impact it would have on our roster.

Imagine losing Batherson + Brown + Formenton

Replacing them by DeBrincat + Giroux + Gambrell would be "staying afloat"

So basically that would mean we spent a 7th OA pick to stay afloat?

Reactions: Icelevel

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
If that is the case, imagine how STUPID the Connor Brown trade will become, like dumber than anything else Dorion has done including Zibanejad + 2nd for Brassard, or a 2nd for 6.5 AAV Stepan in cap world, etc

I had a related post deleted earlier but I don't want to talk about the problem in itself, I want to talk about the disastrous impact it would have on our roster.

Imagine losing Batherson + Brown + Formenton

Replacing them by DeBrincat + Giroux + Gambrell would be "staying afloat"

So basically that would mean we spent a 7th OA pick to stay afloat?

I think we could replace Formenton with Grieg in a short span of time, but losing Bath would indeed create a big hole on offense. Hopefully Dorion is well aware of their involvement in that incident and took that into consideration when making his moves.

Reactions: Sweatred

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think we could replace Formenton with Grieg in a short span of time, but losing Bath would indeed create a big hole on offense. Hopefully Dorion is well aware of the involvement in that incident of his two players and took that into consideration when making his moves.

He had to be 100% convinced that they are not involved before moving Connor Brown... no??? That would be probably the dumbest move I have ever witnessed. But Dorion never ceases to amaze so I actually shouldn't be surprised at all.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3