Around the League

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Reactions: SoupNazi and jaster

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

Wow, I didn't know this. Same story as last year.

He's been playing with Zadorov now I think?

Like look I just don't wanna dump on Hronek, but Hughes is a super freak and will obviously make his D partner stats better.

I did something I almost never do and popped into the Canucks forum to see what their thoughts on Hronek were.

The messages on the main boards were often taunts of "Thanks Wings fans!" as if Hronek was dumped because they thought he was a terrible player in Detroit. But in the Canucks forum there's a handful of thoughtful posts that read much like posts made here the last few seasons.

That he can be such a perplexing player because he looks great one night then makes inexplicably bad plays.

This is also only the second time Hronek has played over 70 games in a season so maybe he's wearing out?

It'll be interesting to see how they handle his contract.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I did something I almost never do and popped into the Canucks forum to see what their thoughts on Hronek were.

The messages on the main boards were often taunts of "Thanks Wings fans!" as if Hronek was dumped because they thought he was a terrible player in Detroit. But in the Canucks forum there's a handful of thoughtful posts that read much like posts made here the last few seasons.

That he can be such a perplexing player because he looks great one night then makes inexplicably bad plays.

This is also only the second time Hronek has played over 70 games in a season so maybe he's wearing out?

It'll be interesting to see how they handle his contract.
Yeah it's funny because I don't really recall Wings fans taunting when the trade went down, because we saw how much of a meltdown they were having on their own. All wondering why a non-playoff team who should tank is trading for a top 4 dman and giving away a first. Even all their media people were saying the same thing. They are leafs level when it comes to reactions.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Yeah it's funny because I don't really recall Wings fans taunting when the trade went down, because we saw how much of a meltdown they were having on their own. All wondering why a non-playoff team who should tank is trading for a top 4 dman and giving away a first. Even all their media people were saying the same thing. They are leafs level when it comes to reactions.
Hronek is a solid #3 predominantly offensive RD. He isn't a guy you want teams matching up their best guys against 5 on 5. You can get away with it, if you have a Franchise guy to pair him with like Hughes, but if he is the best dman on the pair then he should be on your 2nd pair. Offensively he plays more of a rover game, which also means he isn't a great PP QB. He's a guy you setup to move down into the play, but this is less frequently used in the 4 forwards/ 1dman pp that a majority of teams now use.

Hroneks more of a luxury d than say one you build a team around. I'm happy he has done well in Van, but he was never going to be worth the 7-8 mil he is going to want going into FA on a long term deal to the Wings. Seider was already better and a RD so he was auto bumped to the 2nd pair, and I would be surprised if Ed wasn't equal or great than him shortly. If you are going to spend big time money on dmen long term it needs to lean 2 way minute munchers.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I've had this exact dream, we finally hang up the 91, and he is our new coach to take us into the playoffs. Stupid dreams.

Unfortunately I seriously don't think that happens until Devellano is no longer part of the organization. And he's senior VP of the Wings and VP of the Tigers at 81 years old, so it seems like he literally has a job for life.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Flyers choke to the hawks. Wings are now 2 points behind them with a game in hand.

They aren't out yet.
With how mediocre everybody is playing, I could actually see Philly finish 3-4, Detroit finish 4-4, and 88 points be enough for the second Wild Card with the Wings having the tiebreaker. But a win against Tampa would be a big help.

Reactions: Ulysses31

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
With how mediocre everybody is playing, I could actually see Philly finish 3-4, Detroit finish 4-4, and 88 points be enough for the second Wild Card with the Wings having the tiebreaker. But a win against Tampa would be a big help.

the Wings don't have the tiebreaker over the Flyers(or over Washington for that matter)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad