GDT: Around the League

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Kings defenseman Alec Martinez available for trade

Opinions? Signed through next year too. What can we send their way?

2nd and Borgstrom/Hepo, or 2nd and Gildon/Koly. We'd have to move some salary off the defense though, we'd have a ton of money tied up in D. Preferably Yandle, but maybe Matheson.

I don't think Tallon will sell low on Borgstrom though. I think he hopes that he'll eventually figure it out in the A, and maybe in a year or sooner he'll be called up. I think Borgstrom has to get stronger and faster though. He likes to play a finesse game but he's got to be a bit more versatile in order to succeed in the pros. It's interesting that a Finn would be so averse to physical play.

Reactions: wampa13jku

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
New generation of Tkachuks, same results. Brady is the one we have to worry about in our division. He's getting cockier and cockier all the time.
And he plays hard all the time! I watched Pretty closely last year being in Ottawa, and the guy is a player. I would love to have him on the Panthers!

Reactions: harv33173

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
THG had a good video up the other day about parity in the league right now. So many teams are within a single point or two with each other that one hot/cold streak can make or break you now.

Plus since so many teams are still "in it", you went have many sellers

Reactions: harv33173

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
THG had a good video up the other day about parity in the league right now. So many teams are within a single point or two with each other that one hot/cold streak can make or break you now.

Plus since so many teams are still "in it", you went have many sellers
That's why I was wondering, would New Jersey have been better off to sell Taylor Hall at the trade deadline?

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

Simple math.

It will take 95-97 pts to make the playoffs. So we need a 98 pts season the secure our playoffs spot.

Carolina and Philly are WC1 and WC2 right now. They could lose their next 10 games, but the magic number will still be 98. Same thing if they both win their next 10.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Boston is completely useless (also if CBJ wins today they're 12-2-4 over their last 18 games with half their roster out, insane run)

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Boston is completely useless (also if CBJ wins today they're 12-2-4 over their last 18 games with half their roster out, insane run)

Columbus is making the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if they and the Canes pass the Isles soon. The Isles are freefalling. Minus tonight's game because playing Detroit doesn't count. Playing that grinding style Trotz plays isn't sustainable. When you take that away they are a below average team in terms of talent. They've lost some key guys who helped them grind out a lot of victories.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Columbus is making the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if they and the Canes pass the Isles soon. The Isles are freefalling. Minus tonight's game because playing Detroit doesn't count. Playing that grinding style Trotz plays isn't sustainable. When you take that away they are a below average team in terms of talent. They've lost some key guys who helped them grind out a lot of victories.
CBJ faces the Canes Thursday so one of them will get a loss. As long as Florida gets around 98 points they'll be ok.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just watching that LA Kings Tampa game::

Quick just let of bomb by kucherov, top circles, High blocker top corner. Amazing shot. No way Bob or Big D makes that save either.

With 14 seconds left though, Quick saved Hedman Point Blank High blocker. :bow:

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Simple math.

It will take 95-97 pts to make the playoffs. So we need a 98 pts season the secure our playoffs spot.

Carolina and Philly are WC1 and WC2 right now. They could lose their next 10 games, but the magic number will still be 98. Same thing if they both win their next 10.

An extreme believer in controlling your own fate eh? But what if a meteor crashes into earth killing half of all life while riding on a train travelling 200 mph? How many points will it take then?:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad