Around the League XXXV: Illinois Represent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
With no Ryan involved, surely the deal is centered around Heiskanen going the other way.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
John Klingberg is a younger version of Karlsson at this point (They pretty much play same style)

If Stars do something dumb like trade 25 yr old Klingberg in a Karlsson deal while giving up futures I will not be upset

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Dallas can trade for Karlsson and I still don't see them being better than 3rd or 4th in the central. They'd be doubling down on their all offense, no defense strategy they've been using for 3 years

Reactions: Rooh

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Carolina scoops De Haan for 4x4.55.... which the Blackhawks totally could have matched, but they were too busy spending 6+ million on legitimately worthless trash.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Carolina scoops De Haan for 4x4.55.... which the Blackhawks totally could have matched, but they were too busy spending 6+ million on legitimately worthless trash.

Yes, this FA period just keeps getting better and better...Watch Karlsson go to DAL, we'll be in the basement for 5 years at least...

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Matching an offer for a guy who already reportedly took less to sign somewhere provides what exactly? They could of offered him more too... and that's why they've been avoiding cap tightness and nobody goes beyond next year of any additions

The any offer only money equal is silly when other factors are clearly mattering to players. Like goalies signing to actually compete to start and hope for a future with a team.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Adding Matt Martin for the Isles was like the 2010 Hawks looking for a puck moving D-man, or like the dead puck era Devils looking for some grit, lol. At least it could be worse...

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Not sure how I missed Torts rant over the shade Jack Johnson and Rutherford threw at the Jackets, but for all of Torts eye rolling moments that man doesn’t shy from letting you know how he feels. Guy should know people in hockey aren’t supposed to show personality.

Reactions: TLEH

Elvis P

Pretzel Logic
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Kane, Matthews, Wheeler, others? How do you rank the top Americans?

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Let me see 96 pts and -5 vs. 84 and -12 ...I guess Leafs lose on the outgoing stats of JBR and Bozak combined vs. The incoming of Tavares ...but that is 2 gone vs. 1 in...I guess it depend on the impact of the extra guy they fill a spot with ..Still unless that is significant then Leafs might just be not that much better off if any ...Tavares -12 is hardly an indication he played hard defensively ...and if that continues then he may drag down kinematic to his level of defensive lack of interest ..But basically JVR alone was -11 so it sort of cancels but. .but Bozak forvhisxfaceoffsxand +6 ...that could be missed as part of the equation..Question is how many more points tax will Tavares generate ?If he get 12 more he equaluzescthe output of JVR+Bozak in combo...just by himself. .if hecscoresc120 points ..well then the ROI... (Return On Investment) will validate this gamble .

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Habs are going to be horrible this year. I can see Price faking an injury just to throw Niemi to the wolves. Neither goalie is going to enjoy next season. One guy will make $10 million plus though.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Those Weber + Price contracts wont be getting better with age

Weber/Subban trade continues to look more and more awful
Weber I agree. I'm sure Price will be fine. He is a goalie a great team can win with, like a Holtby, Crawford.

I just hope Weber retires in the next few years and hits NSH with a huge penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad