Around the League XXXV: Illinois Represent

Status
Not open for further replies.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
NYI should offer-sheet someone from Toronto when they're most vulnerable. Do it, Lou.

Right target would be guy like Marner and offer-sheet him some ridiculous money like 10 mil. I think Matthews wont accept offer-sheet but hey never know when you are piling the money!

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
An anonymous GM was quoted saying he was willing to bet his house that Lou was going to offer sheet a TML.

It's stupid that they're not used more. I hate the whole "unwritten rule" mentality and the myth that if a GM uses one they'll be ostracized and no one will ever do business with them again. I've seen no evidence of this that exists.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Players have to sign the offer sheet first. Don't see too many guys itching to go to the Islanders right now.

Not right now but in a year or two that can be entirely different. I wasn't suggesting doing it now, I don't think the Islanders even have the picks to do it.

It also just forces the other team's hand. I don't imagine Lou will have any issues putting the screws to Toronto any chance he gets.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Not right now but in a year or two that can be entirely different. I wasn't suggesting doing it now, I don't think the Islanders even have the picks to do it.

It also just forces the other team's hand. I don't imagine Lou will have any issues putting the screws to Toronto any chance he gets.
The Maple Leaf RFAs could all be signed by next year though. He may never get a chance to.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It's stupid that they're not used more. I hate the whole "unwritten rule" mentality and the myth that if a GM uses one they'll be ostracized and no one will ever do business with them again. I've seen no evidence of this that exists.
Stan does not heed to that unwritten rule. He outbids himself all the time.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

I am not looking for anything logical, like money. I can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. I just want to watch the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS burn.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
It would be hilarious, but let's be honest.... for a Leafs player to actually sign an offer sheet from the Isles, it'll probably have to be a ridiculous overpay. They can offer an offer sheet, but that doesn't mean the players have to sign on the dotted line.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I don’t think that’s as much the case as that GMs don’t want RFA prices to go up. RFAs are the only players they have any cost control over. If you start giving RFA players options to make more money than market, other RFAs look at them as a comparable when their contracts come up and it’s a slippery slope.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
What Isles should do is go after someone weaker then them and take out all anger/misery on that organization

Thus I would hit up Mark Stone with offer sheet and see if Sens walk away

Problem for Isles though is they will have to go Burke route and reacquire picks they traded away

Offer Sheet Calculator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
IMO, Isles shouldn't be offer sheeting anyone. They will be a lottery team next year, and probably the year after that too. No one they can offer sheet will change that.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Lou Lamoriello is on tilt.

Dubas is flushing all of the Lou signings out, and Lou is helpfully providing him with a landing place for all his crap.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Cap space for the leafs to sign DeHaan too.

Never one to sound the conspiracy horn but this seems fishy lol. Wonder if Lou gets a ring when the leafs win the cup :sarcasm:

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
I'm not concerned with the Central divsion, everything is fine. This is fine.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
My what a disaster the last few days have been for Isle fans

Lose Tavares , Overpay badly for Komarov , Take Martin cap dump for free and probably will lose DeHaan because of it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad