Around the League XXXV: Illinois Represent

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Wait.... almost 2% of the NHL is now from Illinois? Neat.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-09-at-2.36.27-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2018-10-09-at-3.11.49-PM.png

Sizing up the NHL: 2018-19 NHL teams by age, height and...
hmmm, I wonder how many are from Machu Picchu??????

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Apparently everyone is on the hot seat in Edmonton. If I were Bowman, I’d be ringing Chia up, see if you can get him to make a panic move.

I would take a chance Puljujarvi.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, not getting why there's no NHL games on tonight, especially given the fact that Friday nights in October are probably their best chance at decent ratings given they won't have any NFL or major NCAA football games to compete against.

And you guys know the script. The Leafs fandom needs to be raised up so that their crash is all the more delicious when it happens. If that doesn't happen, then their eventual shortcomings won't be nearly as full of schadenfreude. A humble fanbase getting their hearts ripped out wouldn't be remotely satisfying.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, not getting why there's no NHL games on tonight, especially given the fact that Friday nights in October are probably their best chance at decent ratings given they won't have any NFL or major NCAA football games to compete against.

And you guys know the script. The Leafs fandom needs to be raised up so that their crash is all the more delicious when it happens. If that doesn't happen, then their eventual shortcomings won't be nearly as full of schadenfreude.

I would love to see the Leafs never win, then see Matthews and Marner and those guys all go on to win Cups elsewhere right after leaving. :laugh:

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
It sucks because I really like the Leafs and a lot of their players but their fans are just ruining it for me. Now kind of hoping to see some Boston game 7 esque playoff collapses from this team now.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Try living every day of your life around Leaf fans, at least on here you can just not go to the main board.

I’ve never been able to get into the main board. It’s just too much for me to handle. Also just too many different people posting there. The size of this board is perfect.

Reactions: TorMenT

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I’ve never been able to get into the main board. It’s just too much for me to handle. Also just too many different people posting there. The size of this board is perfect.

Agreed. I've tried just because I like talking about hockey. But there is just so much happening and too many..... wrong facts... stated. I can't do it lol.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I actually have nothing against the Leafs, though I would admit I root for the Habs over them, but pretty damn impossible to not root against such a massive and vocal fanbase, especially when in the back of my head I have extremely massive misgivings about their defensive shortcomings and looming cap hell that inherently make me doubt their elite contender status.

So, on one hand, there's a lot of people practically anointing a dynasty upon them as a given, and on the other hand I have my own personal misgivings against their chances at winning even one, so together you have a tasty recipe for a delicious crash souffle.

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad